Wednesday, April 9, 2014

ABOUT WINDOWS PART 2


Just in case you missed Mondays post....
I am replacing this window with a larger one 
and installing a ceiling fan.





I use this room as a den.
It gets the afternoon sun and can get quite warm in the summer.
I had fans installed in all but this room..Who knew??




When I contracted to do this I asked
"How long will it take?" 
"A day" was the response.."An hour to put the window in." 
Here's the old window..
It's impossible to see anything but rooftops from it.






Here's the new window and it did only take an hour 
once the brick was cut and the hole cut out for the window.






If you are waiting for a "but", here it comes.

There was the three step (three days) spackling/sanding
 to cover up the old heat duct hole that had to be moved 
so that the fan could be in the center of the room.
Then they could paint...
Then they could install the ceiling fan (another day).


 

I didn't count the replacing the bricks because it was outside and they actually did that when the painting was done.
They were here every day last week from 30 minutes 
to usually half the day.
They did a great job and I'm happy to have it done.
Now I can get rid of the dust..Yay !!! 
Here's the end result.




My house was surrounded all week.



Max loves his new window..I'll have to hang a bird feeder there.
He slept here the first night.





I have ordered the Plantation blinds to match the rest of the house.
Good job guys....Much better...Just ask Max...


11 comments:

Diane said...

Much better! Max certainly agrees!

Blackberry Lane said...

I love the new window and I'm glad that Max approves!

Susie said...

Missy, I know you are going to love the new window. Nothing worse than not being able to see outside, especially in winter. I will tell you what my husband always says....there's no 5 minute job...meaning you never know how long it will take till you are into it. Isn't that the truth? Glad you are happy with the results. xoxo,Susie

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Really nice! They did a good job.

Tante Mali said...

Hi Dear,
oh yes ... I know what you are writing about ... no comment! Yes, we do have spring and it's warm and beautiful.
Sunny days to you dear
Elisabeth

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

How nice to have a bigger window! Sunshine :-)

Junebug said...

Yeah for light!! I'm such a light person I think I could live in a glass house, maybe not.LOL!! I can already see you are enjoying have a view from that room. Bring on the light!!

Beverly Frankeny said...

The window is beautiful!!! YAY!!!

NanaDiana said...

Oh- How bright that room looks now. I love it and I can see that Max does, too. It is always so much more involved than you think it is going to be-but I really love how it turned out. It looks great INSIDE AND OUT! xo Diana

Beulah said...

So cool!!

Lilasesazuis Gata said...

kkkk ... Max If approved, then the service is well done!

Max is smart and knows everything ..... kitties are demanding!

kisses, Missy

Ligia e = ^. ^ =