Friday, April 11, 2014

MORE CHANGE



When I moved here, I asked for black lights.
I thought they would show up better against the yellow siding.
Brass pits and looks ugly after a few years.
These have started already. 




They look pretty good in the pics but 
they are beginning to deteriorate.
They are putting black ones ONLY on the newly rehabbed cottages
and weren't agreeable to switching mine out.




Sometimes you just have to do it yourself.





I'll have to get some of those "flame" light bulbs.
Much better 
and it has a built in motion sensor.
Have a great weekend. 


11 comments:

Beth @ "E." Lizard Breath Speaks said...

i love either really, i think a lot of folks around here think of Virginia Metalcrafters but they are not any more for the brass selection, but i rather enjoy the black option because is not the norm, so different & unique - i would have to see more of your house to give a full opinion. but i also know that lots of folks mix & match up different feels or materials to make their house extra fun. ( :

Diane said...

Love the new style!

Lilasesazuis Gata said...

Time is relentless.

It was a beautiful wall sconce.

However, the second also, and is not spoiled.

kisses, Missy

have a great day,

Ligia e = ^. ^ =

Susie said...

Missy, I like you light...and the motion sensor will be very nice. I may have to look in to those. Hope you are having a good day, xoxo,Susie

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You're a rebel! Enjoy your new lights!

Blackberry Lane said...

I like them a lot! Good for you! Enjoy the weekend.

NanaDiana said...

That looks GREAT! It does show up a lot better and I really like the style of it! Nice job, ma'am! xo Diana

Jody in Georgia said...

I like the black ones better, too. Congratulations in "taking the bull by the horns" and doing the black ones yourself!! Ya done good!!

Ron said...

I too love the new sconce. I have not seen or heard from you in a while. I miss you! Have a great Sunday, Missy!

Beverly Frankeny said...

Good job....the lights are much improved!!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I definitely like the black much better, Missy!