Wednesday, April 23, 2014

SPRING SURPRISES

Last year, my newly planted Peony bushes were trampled
by our erstwhile landscaping service.




They were totally dead (above ground) all summer.
I'm happy to say that it looks like they could survive
if I can protect them from unseeing feet.
 


There are some things coming up that I really don't recognize.
I think this is a Cone flower. 
 As usual, half of them didn't winter over.



I have no idea what this is....
 


Coral Bells...



Hosta....

 


I hope your garden has some nice surprises for you as well.
 

7 comments:

Haddock said...

I too don't recognise them (almost all of them)

Diane said...

I have two peonies coming up too which I fenced off with that edging wire type fencing so my dogs won't trample them. No hostas to be seen yet, but isn't it nice to see these plants after the winter we had?

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I love peonies. Glad they survived the trampling!

Junebug said...

Look at all your surprises! I put tomato cages around my peonies. They protect them from being stepped on and provide support as they grow. Now, keep your fingers cross no frost to damage them!!

NanaDiana said...

I am so glad your peonies came back. They are one of my favorite flowers. They remind me of blousy overdressed ladies. lol

Nothing much greened up here yet-even our lawn is still brown. xo Diana

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

I love when I see new sprouts of new birth. I was going to check my peonies today and forgot...must check them today.

Lilasesazuis Gata said...

That are sprouting ... wonderful nature!

kisses,

Ligia e = ^. ^ =