Monday, May 26, 2014

MEMORIAL DAY



USA memorial day
©iStockphoto.com/ Alan Crosthwaite

Memorial Day is observed on the last Monday in May.
Once known as Decoration Day,
 it commemorates the men and women who have fought and died
serving in the military for the United States.
Many people visit memorials and cemeteries
 and have parades to honor their service.

Please take the time to remember those men and women
while you are enjoying your picnics and barbeques 
with friends and family. 
They helped make it all possible and for that we are grateful.




6 comments:

Diane said...

Nice post. Have a good day!

Lynne said...

Well said . . . very nice Missy . . .

Susie said...

Missy, When I think of our freedoms ,like the b-b-q's and picnics, playing outside...simple pleasures...we have to thank all those that helped us stay free. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Lilasesazuis Gata said...

Hello, Missy, dear!

Yes, gratitude is a noble sentiment!

I'm back from vacation!

There were long since made ​​3 trips in the month ... many forays!

I miss your lovely blog.

I'm editing my photos and go for a walk in your posts ... I hope you and your family and animals are well.

kisses,

Ligia e = ^. ^ =

dan said...

Thanks for explaining, I like to know more about American celebrations...

NanaDiana said...

Amen, Missy. That is a great post! I think so often we forget what certain holidays are really about- xo Diana