Wednesday, May 14, 2014

SHOW TIME

This past week a group of us went to a local Resort/Inn
 that has on it's fifty plus acres a playhouse.



We started off with a buffet.





They are known for their sticky buns.
I personally prefer gooey ones..
These are more like crystallized sugar.

 


I had my share of these...



Pork, chicken and turkey...No beef !!


Then there were the usual steam table selections..



After lunch we meandered around the beautiful grounds.
It was a lovely day to be out side.









I didn't think the food was that bad !!



On to the play..I believe the playhouse opened in 1948.
They have summer stock as well as New York talent.








They play was cute..had some good lines but not much variety.



I hope all is well in your world..





9 comments:

Susie said...

Missy, There was plenty of food. I love your pictures. The grounds look so pretty. I know that play, The Dixie Swim Club. My daughter Angie had a part in it, when our community theater gave it here. She was the one with the martini shaker.:) Glad you had a nice time. xoxo,Susie

Diane said...

Sounds like a good day! And nice weather too-- we know how rare that is lately! Ha, ha...

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I prefer gooey buns to sticky too. But I'll eat any kind in a pinch, LOL!

Junebug said...

A day away with girlfriends is always a good day in my book. Glad you had fun!

Nancy's Notes said...

Sounds like a fun time. would love to take in a play there! I had to chuckle about all of your comments! That one about the food, cracked me up!

Have a great day!
Nancy

NanaDiana said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time, Missy....even though the play was nothing to rave about. Looks like you had a good selection of food but I could have done without the pork hocks! lol xo Diana

Lynne said...

A day away with friends, good food and some entertainment too sounds like a winner!

. . . I like my sticky buns kind off slippery sticky . . . not crystal sugary like at all . . . (but I might not complain if one is sitting right in front of me!)

Weekend-Windup said...

Sounds great. You had a great breakfast and a wonderful playtime!

Lilasesazuis Gata said...

What a nice day!

kisses,

Ligia e = ^. ^ =