Monday, June 30, 2014

FARM TIME


Last week I took a little trip to Bee Haven Acres.
My husbands family was going to visit so I went to say "Howdy".
I always go in by the barn so I can visit the animals.
No one in sight anywhere..Too hot.
They were all inside.
This is the approach to the barn.







To the left is her garden..(one of many).








Leaving that area one can see the riding arena in the background.


The first "animal" to be seen was Bobby, ( the wanna be house cat),
 lying under a car in the driveway.



This inscription is in the beams as you enter the dining room.



The view from the front porch.


Bev took everyone for a tour of the farm in the "gator."
As it was hot, buggy , and I'd done that a few times, 
I stayed home on the porch with the dogs and relaxed 
watching the birds.
I had the best spot.
There wasn't room for me anyhow.
This red bellied  Woodpecker was a frequent visitor. 




See his red belly between his legs ?


Mr and Mrs Downy Woodpecker were also hanging out.




 After everyone came back , 
we were treated with a visit from three or four baby "downies".
Sorry, no pictures. My battery was very low.
Poor planning on my part.

After a yummy lunch of chicken salad croissants, orzo salad
and the best cupcakes, 
I said my goodbyes and headed home.
Thanks Bev..
Loved my visit and the farm looks great.


6 comments:

Lynne said...

Loved seeing Bee Haven from your view!

Junebug said...

I'm sure it is always a fun visit! Sitting on the porch with those view most be totally relaxing. Plus the bird entertainment!!

Beverly Frankeny said...

You are always welcome...it was fun!

Diane said...

The farm does look great! Pretty kitty!

Blackberry Lane said...

I remember following Bev when they were building. It sure is a beautiful place.

Beth of "E." Lizard Breath Speaks said...

wow, i love the woodpeckers. looks like a fun get together. ( :