Wednesday, June 25, 2014

PLAYING MUSICAL PLANTS

Two Springs ago,
these two Hydrangeas were cut down to ankle height.
Unfortunately they were cut when they were setting their buds
and haven't bloomed since ..
One of them was too big for it's space..so out with them.





These two young ladies drew the short straws..
It was over 90 degrees and very humid.
They were well rooted and difficult to get out.



One was moved to a neighbors house and the other was trashed.
These "girls"  really had their work cut out for them.
She has a son who is a Senior in high school.


A Lilac was moved from the center of my garden
 to fill one of the holes.
It has a lot more room here.





One of my peonies was moved back 
into the hole where the Lilac was.
(back center).




Looks much more balanced...Thanks girls..





6 comments:

Diane said...

Looking good! That is hard work in the heat. No thanks.

Susie said...

Missy, I love that you could reuse some of the plants in better spots. Too bad about the hydrangea. I have one tthat is so darn short but trying to bloom. My daughter yesterday, "oh mom I like that plant m, what is it ?" I told her it was a hydrangea she got me for mother's day two years ago." LOL I sure hope it can survive. Wishing you a good day, although on the weather map, it looked as if everyone east of Indiana may have rain. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Blackberry Lane said...

Missy, It looks very attractive. I always have compassion for folks who work in the heat or extreme cold. The ladies did a great job.

Lynne said...

Great 'dea having "the girls" around to do all that heavy digging root removal!

Looking very, very nice!

Beth of "E." Lizard Breath Speaks said...

this gave me a funny visual in my head ... "musical plants" ... ha. ha! ( :

Beverly Frankeny said...

Your gardens are looking better all the time!!