Wednesday, July 30, 2014

SOME NEW COLOR


 Did I say that I was finished tweaking???
I never said that..If I did, I lied.





I thought I needed a little more color in my garden.
I just love Cone Flowers.



The local nursery was selling their perennials at 20% off.
They should have been giving some of them away..
They were pretty ragged.




On my way home,
 I thought about how hard it was to plant anything here.
Lot's of roots, soil that hasn't been worked forever, etc.





So, I asked a friend who does the landscaping
 if she would mind helping me out.




Fortunately, she agreed.
I tend to forget that I can't do all this stuff anymore
 and bite off more than I can chew.

 


She came over on Saturday and "we" got them in the ground.





I never would have been able to do it.
Some of the roots she went through were a good inch across.
I would have quit !!



Thanks for not being a quitter.!!!

 

9 comments:

Beverly Frankeny said...

It should be quite lovely when they all get mature!! You'll have an English cottage garden by then!

Diane said...

Such pretty colors! Glad you had help. Tough ground is... tough!

Lynne said...

That's what friends are for . . . ( think those are words of a song, aren't they!)

I like your variety of cone flowers . . . I must look for some at the market!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Looks great! Anything from the daisy family grows well under tough conditions, I believe.

Junebug said...

That flower bed is going to be so pretty when all the cone flowers take off. I just purchase a red and yellow myself. Here's to a great day!

Anita Davis said...

Love the variety of color. Your garden will be the envy of many, me included.

Susie said...

Missy, That flower bed is going to be so colorful and pretty. I am glad you had some help, so you could plant all of your new plants. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Curtains in My Tree said...


I like cone flowers a lot also and my neighbor that has garden of the year award and neighborhood award gave me some of hers, she thins her beds out every year
I have never seen a cone flower I wouldn't take home

marejohn said...

oooh AND ahhh!!! This will be GORGEOUS!

I appreciate your comments. They put a smile in my day. Please visit again soon.