Saturday, August 23, 2014

A BETHANY FYI....PICTURES


Please excuse this format..
It's easier for me to do with pictures and they show up better.
I am not one to complain about grass or mowing
 unless it's too short.  
My only complaint in this document will be about the trimming.
You may remember that this spring "we" had to reseed a lot of the edges along the streets due to last years severe trimming.
The grass was dead and yellow..We had "yellow edges".
This summer the trimming has been usually less severe and due to that and rain, we have maintained our green edges.
 UNTIL NOW..or yesterday.
 


 Apparently we have a new crew...again.
Yesterday, the trimmer was street level and horizontal, scalping anything in it's path.
 


I had my edges to a point where they were looking pretty good.
Straight up and down , deep and even.
Now they are flat and bare.


Ugly..



The streets are the same way.





The bank out back...

Along the road...


This is an area that I had seeded and was just getting to the point where it didn't need to be watered every other day.
I'll have to start over again.




Bye, bye nice edges.
Is it really that hard too do it right..just leave the edges green.
No need to trim anyway..The mowers do it.



Now for something that I really don't care about but it was so bad that I had to share it.
I don't care because it's not destructive..not hurting anything...
It's just unsightly.
The close edging is destructive.

This is how the front of the farmhouse was left yesterday.
They "mowed" along the street and along the path totally leaving the middle undone.
 













 
I'm really not against the workmen..
I'm disgusted with supervisors and managers who don't teach them any better or that let them get away with this shoddy performance.
We are paying for this !! 

On a positive note...
The railings and the shutters that are being painted look great.
Thanks for that.
Also..
This is the first time in 2 years that we have had no orange netting, no holes that need to be filled, no orange cones
 and all the street lights are working.
Thanks PPL...

One last thought..Mulch
Is it really a good idea to mulch every year?
I can see mold in the holes being made by squirrels or chipmunks
That could save a fair amount of money, I would think.
Maybe mulch West one year..East the next ??
Thanks for listening..
 
Missy George
466 Bethany Drive

No comments: