Friday, August 29, 2014

THE ANIMALS AT BEE HAVEN ACRES


 I was recently at Bee Haven Acres for a birthday party.
I can't be there without a visit to the animals.
This is "Tawdry Audrey"..She's beautiful, not tawdry.




Many of the chickens were taking dust baths...
This one chose the compost pile.




This is handsome Sam.


These two noses belong to Red and Ollie, 
the miniature ponies.
It was not a good photo op day for the equines 
as they were all donned in their finest bug masks.


The inseparable donkeys Chloe and Daphne..




One of them tried to eat my pants leg and shoe.



Moon beam thought he'd show me his best side.


Goodness, he's broad...




Ella Bella was the only one of several barn kitties
 that made an appearance.





The turkeys are a very ominous sight..
They walk around in tandem always touching.
Well, almost always.

 
I guess that takes care of my animal fix for awhile.
They're the best..always welcoming.

Happy Labor Day !!!



10 comments:

Diane said...

Thanks for sharing. Love the ponies' noses picture!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I've never seen bug masks on animals before! Never even knew such things existed. They look pretty freaky but if they work, then it's all good.

Junebug said...

Thanks for the pics of the animals. Oh would I love to live next door to that farm. I would get to enjoy all the critter but not the work. I think Beverly is the true energizer bunny!!!

Tante Mali said...

I love animals!!! Sam is soooo sweet! What a heart touching and funny post! You made me smile. Yes, it was fun in France and very beautiful!
A happy happy weekend
Elisabeth

Patricia said...

We see wild turkeys quite often around here. They're not nearly as handsome as Bev's turkeys. Ours are a mix of dark greys.

marejohn said...

Oh my, Sam is just about a perfect looking fellow in every way!
As for the fly masks, we sell them! But I have to say we only sell for horses (regular and warmbloods) NOT for donkeys or ponies...I got quite the kick out of them...had to show hubby and they did give us a chuckle.
Great pics all around! Thanks for sharing...
Hope YOU have a great Labor Day weekend to!

Lynne said...

Loved seeing your version . . .

Louisette said...

Woderfull fotos, greeting from Belgium


http://scratchy-chat-chartreux-de-louisette-amis-demes-retriever.blog 4ever.com

Anonymous said...

your fotos are so good!...due to a good camera and subject placement.
My farm pics...are dark and the animals don't show up well.

Lilasesazuis Gata said...

Que beleza!!

Belas fotos dos nossos amigos animais.

Acho que as capas dos burrinhos é para protegê-los.

beijinhos,

Lígia e =^.^=