Wednesday, September 24, 2014

ANTIQUES AND AUCTIONS

My husband and I used to spend a lot of time "antiquing".
This area has a wide diversity 
of shops, markets and auction houses.



My sister had taken several things here to be auctioned.
They called her to tell her that a bidder had not paid for an item and would she like to pick it up or put it in a later auction ??
She decided to pick it up so I went along, camera in tow.
They were kind enough to let me take pictures.




I just love old things..I'm sure they all have stories to tell...



I would love to have the sofa table
 that the lamps on the right are sitting on.
 It's much nicer than my contemporary oak one.
Don't you just "love" the feathered lampshade on the parrot?



Now I know where all the old Santas go..
There were lots of these...



Musical instruments..



Some ceramic, china and clay/stone items.
Sorry, but I know nothing about any of these things.








Old furniture reminds me of growing up in Philadelphia 
with family furniture.
Most of it is long gone but my sister and I still have a few pieces.





I didn't have much time to examine these items..
That's probably a good thing.
I did notice that cute little writing desk in the middle right picture.
 


I enjoyed my visit and
 thanks Ellen for allowing me to take pictures.



8 comments:

Diane said...

Sure a nice mix of items. Unfortunately there are no antique stores or auction houses near me. How dull!

Susie said...

Missy, I love that trip thru the store. Nice things. The clock is wonderful. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Cool! That looks like a quality auction house.

Blackberry Lane said...

We love to "look" too. The tray is really pretty. Thanks to you and Ellen for sharing the beauties.

Patricia said...

Oh, I like the container in the very last photo. It is beautiful. It wouldn't be our style, but I do admire it.

Lilasesazuis Gata said...

Missy, que belos tesouros!!

Eu adoro essas antiguidades!!

Amei sua seleção de fotos!

beijinho, querida,

Lígia e =^.^=

Beth, ...".E." Lizard Breath Speaks said...

i love old clocks & really enjoy that cabbage, onion painting. so neat!! the hubby loves antiques. i love them, but don't enjoy really shopping for them like he does. but he drags me along. ha. ha!!!!!!! ( :

Denise at Autumn Sky said...

I used to love antiquing and now I've found myself with many things that I no longer want as I continue trying to simplify and organize. I really must sell the pottery that's been boxed up for 12 years since I moved to a smaller house.