Monday, September 29, 2014

FOOD, CRAFTS, FURNITURE AND "JUNQUE "


This past weekend, we held our fall FAIR...
There was the usual assortment of home made goodies.
 




Hand knit items..

 


Crafts..
 


 and furniture that apparently did very well.
I got there three hours after we opened and the furniture was pretty well cleaned out.



There are always electronics of one kind or another..
We had six TV's to sell and there was only one left at noon.
 


 Lamps..I think I remember these from last year..





Video tapes...Does anyone play these anymore??
That may explain the price...



 There were loads of books..all subjects..
 




The artificial flowers
 could  be cut up to make new arrangements or wreaths.






As always there was a variety of glassware,china 
and pots and pans ...
"Jewelry"



A lot of people put a lot of time and energy in to this event.
We don't know what the future holds
 because this building is slated for a major renovation .
I guess time will tell.
Thanks to all the worker bees for their contributions.


10 comments:

Blackberry Lane said...

Did you try any of the sweets? It would have been fun to look through the books.

Susie said...

Missy, Those home made snacks are hard to resist. I love the knitted things. Looks like it was a fun time. Hope everyone sold lots of things. xoxo,Susie

Diane said...

Did I read 5 for ten cents?? I guess videos are hard to unload. A thrift store near me occasionally has them free with a purchase. Looks like a nice sale. Glad a lot sold too.

Junebug said...

Look at all those "treasures"! They say one man's junk is another man's treasure! Hopefully the treasure hunter came out to buy! I would have had a hard time resisting all the homemade goodies. I might have picked up a pair of knitted socks also. Sure wish I could master that pattern! Enjoy the new week!

Lilasesazuis Gata said...

Parabéns pelo evento.

Todas unidas fazem a diferença.

beijinhos, Missy e uma ótima semana,

Lígia e =^.^=

Beth, ...".E." Lizard Breath Speaks said...

i love all the crafts. awesome!! so folks are so fancy & creative!! ( :

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I have a combo VHS/DVD player but I can't remember the last time I played a tape in it. But if I want to, I can! I still have some good movies on tape.

Kelly said...

Sounds like it was a successful sale! That's always good. I love seeing the homemade crochet items.

NanaDiana said...

Wow - That looks like a lot of stuff for sale. It sounds like things went out the door pretty fast, too. Church sales are always kind of fun, aren't they?

Hope you had a great day- xo Diana

Patricia said...

It's hard to believe that it's already craft and holiday bazaar time... where has the time gone?