Monday, September 1, 2014

MY CONTRIBUTION


Last weekend I went to a picnic at Bee Haven Acres.
I just had to take something !!!
It's hard to take anything there because they grow everything and it's all healthy and natural..(Green and organic)
I hadn't done one of these for a long time.




Most of this watermelon was given to my friends.



I did all of this  one day...



 And "stuffed" them the next.
If nothing else, they're pretty.





They ended up in the bellies of Bee Haven Acres'
feathered garbage disposals. 
pictures "borrowed" from Bee Haven Acres or Tails from the farm !!







Have a super week !!!   Have a safe holiday !! 
 

9 comments:

Patricia said...

Looks good and the chickens did a good cleanup. I bet the leftover rinds went onto the compost pile.

Lynne said...

Now I know how much work goes into making those watermelon baskets! WOW . . . and they ended up as hen and piggy treats?

Love, love, love that final shot . . .

NanaDiana said...

Those do look pretty, Missy! I haven't made one of those since my daughter's baby shower where I made one that looked like a baby carriage with Orange slices for "wheels". They are fun-but labor intensive!

Happy Labor Day to you- it is good to see you again and good to be back to blogging for a bit. xo Diana

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Just gorgeous! And clearly the hens enjoyed them too!

TheRustyThimble said...

Missy George you won a prize this morning on my blog please email me brustythimble (at) gmail.com
I can not get my email program to work on profiles today?

http://therustythimble.blogspot.com/2014/09/13-lucky-winners-of-blog-hop-giveaway.html

Diane said...

Very nice! I never tried to make one of those. I bet they were heavy to transport too. The chickens sure did a good job. Horses eat them too-- rind 'n all.

Anonymous said...

glad that we people got first dibs on the fruit....yum!

Beverly Frankeny said...

Oh, we ate all of the fruit....the chickens just got the empty rind!!

Lilasesazuis Gata said...

Que delícia, Missy,

Quantas frutas saborosas.

Adoro melancia....as galinhas também...hehehe...na fazenda do meu avô, jogavam também melancia para as galinhas e ficavam somente as cascas...elas adoram.

beijinhos,

Lígia e =^.^=