Friday, October 24, 2014

IS ANYBODY ELSE HAVING TROUBLE?

Several weeks ago I upgraded my IPad to 8.0...

Since then I have had major problems with anything Blog related.
I'm not getting my "follow by email" blogs.
To do anything, I must first sign in to Google.
Here's the typical scenario when I want to leave a comment.
1. write my comment
2. get a prompt to sign in to Google.

3.sign in to Google
4. REWRITE my comment..then publish !!!

Today, added to that, is word verification to prove I'm not a robot.

Sorry friends, but I'm not doing all that.
Even when I do, my comments sometimes don't go thru.
This problem is only with my IPad..generally my PC is OK.

I was very happy that I was able to dictate my comments.
It saves my arthritic hands.


I've tried several things to remedy this with no results.
Blogger and Bloglovin don't let you sign in anonymously so that won't work. They also prompt  me to "sign in" to Google.
Too much hassle.

My two tech Gurus know nothing about blogging so they're no help.
 I blame upgrading my IOS.
My tech guy and I spent 3 hrs talking to Apple yesterday and he said he never upgrades until they get up to 8. 4,5,6.
By then all the kinks should be worked out. 

My IPad didn't recognize my printer after the upgrade but I installed the HP app and it's OK.
Through this I learned that HP doesn't make computers anymore and is expected to go out of business in the near future.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be happy to give them a try.
Meanwhile, I'll go back to the computer for blogging.

So, if you find my correspondence sketchy or missing..
I'm sorry, I'm doing the best I can not to miss anyone,
 but I have to rely on my memory which isn't always the best. 

Right now, I'm on technology overload.
Who invented all this stuff anyway?

Hope you're having a tech free day if that's possible these days.
Have a fun, relaxing weekend..



11 comments:

Lynne said...

So sorry for your troubles. When people comment, do receive the comments okay?

Susie said...

Missy, I sure wish I could help you. I had windows 8 and once the tech worked my computer over..I can't do any thing , I can't load my photos or access them. because I do not know if they loaded. I have a hard time visiting sites I have visited since starting to follow blogs...all because of the new technology. I am thinking of you and wishing you the best. xoxo,Susie

Diane said...

Sorry-- I don't know anything about that. Too hear it's such a pain. Hopefully it will improve. I did hear they just came out w/ 8.1 if that means anything.

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

As far as the word-number verification to prove you're not a robot, that is a choice of the blogger,, nothing to do with your phone. Some bloggers don't even know they have it turned on, an easy change in their blog settings.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Who invented this stuff? Who is to blame? Alas, you can't have the satisfaction of kicking Steve Job's ass cuz he's dead and beyond anyone's reach now.

Junebug said...

Missy, I work for a telephone co. and we've been getting several calls about trouble with I pads. Our techs say that the up grade has some problems. a lot can't message on
Facebook either. I'd say contact Apple but good luck on that. maybe they will come with a fix soon! Sorry for being the bearer of bad news!

Anonymous said...

Oh...I have had the same problems with my computer and blogging that you mentioned. It is frustrating to say the least. I have no remedy...I just play along with google. On some blogs I can leave a comment, on others I can't and leave an anonymous comment, signing my name so people know I am not a robut or spam. I probably will leave anonymous here cause google won't let me leave comments. It is either that or leave emails....yes so many hoops to jump through. Takes the fun out of blogging sometimes. Have a great day and I hope you get your problem remedied. Just know you are not alone in this desert.
Louise

NanaDiana said...

Missy- Don't ever feel you have to leave me a comment. That is just WAY too much trouble! I hope you can get it figured out. I hate computer problems and don't even know where to start to solve them. Stinking upgrades!!!!! xoDiana

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I'm sorry to hear you are having these troubles with your new ipad, Missy. Why is it that the newest technology seems to cause us the most problems? I have no suggestions for you, unfortunately. I go into "retreat" mode when anything goes wrong with my stuff. I usually leave that to hubby to fix and at work we have someone who knows all that stuff.

Hope you can get it straightened out soon. I know how frustrating it must be.

Beth of ".E." Lizard Breath Speaks said...

oh, I hope it will work out for you !! that is a real pain!

Lilasesazuis Gata said...

Missy, querida,

Imagino o transtorno que você está passando!

Seus comentários no meu blog vão para a caixa de entrada, eu tenho que ir lá procurá-los e ficar feliz!!! Só acontece com o seu blog.

Mas, eu já acostumei e sempre passo lá para ver se tem recadinhos seus.

Querida, espero que você consiga uma luz para isso...eu não entendo muito.

beijinhos, tenha um dia bem bonito!

Lígia e =^.^=