Wednesday, October 15, 2014

MAX HAS A NEW LOOK


Monday morning I made four trips to the groomers.
Two for Max and two for Mollie.
 



Max had become horribly matted over the past few months.
Try as I would I was losing the battle.

 


The groomer said that once they start, they just keep multiplying.
It seemed that combing them made it worse.
No fur here??
Actually they were bad on his back and rump.
 



So at the ripe old age of 15?, he was shaved for the first time.
He looks so different..like any other cat.

 



He was pretty good until the THREE of us flipped him on his back.
The big objection came when she shaved his "privates".
Not that he has anyhow...



Mollie had just had her bath and was waiting to be clipped.
She watched the whole procedure from her crate.
She's not too sure about this new look..
That makes two of us ..Probably three...
 



She sure gave him the once over when she got home..




 There's the look I've come to love..
He spent a lot of time grooming his new self when we got home.




 I think he misses the blanket of fur he used to carry around.
He always slept on his side in this chair..




He looks so small..I wonder if he's cold?

 



All is right with the world..Nap time..I may join them.

 



Some  leftover moon shots from last week...

 





11 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Max and Mollie look cute with their new "dos". Love the moon shots. Enjoy your day!

Diane said...

He does look like a different cat. I'm suprised he tolerated the clippers at all! Most cats are afraid of noises like that. Did you explain it will grow back?

Susie said...

Missy, I loved those moon shots. Beautiful. The cat cut..I don't know..it looks very neat and no more hair clumps...but the cat looks kind of mad. I wondered if max knew who he was. So funny. xoxo,Susie

JudiB said...

Oh Missy what a change but I can understand how frustrated you must have been. They will both need time to adjust as well as you..lol
I have to brush Harry every day and even they I end up clipping some of the spots myself.
They will be happy to be home and that is what counts.

Junebug said...

Poor Max, he need a sweater! You did give him lots of hugs for being a good kitty at the groomers. Mollie is as cute as ever with her haircut. Hugs!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I would say that Max doesn't look pleased with his new look but then he looked pretty grumpy before the shave too!

Anonymous said...

wow what a difference! Max looks like a different cat. Put the kids together in a ball and you can't tell them apart....Ann

Lynne said...

I think you better knit him a sweater . . .
He looks more like a cat than a FLUFFY cat . . .
I think he will "fluff out" again won't he?

Beverly Frankeny said...

I love the look of disdain on Max's face with each picture after his clipping. Poor Mattys! Oh well, it will grow again, right?

Jody in Georgia said...

I can understand your frustration with Max's mats....I have that same problem with Sugar Muffin. I have to regularly get rid of them with my Furminator. She doesn't like it, but I think she would prefer it to a complete cut. She's 16 years old and a crotchety old lady...we get along just fine together! Give Max a hug for me.

Lilasesazuis Gata said...

Oh, Missy, Max está lindo de pelo cortado.

Nossa, não sabia que ele já é idosinho.

Molly deve ter estranhado o amiguinho assim peladinho...hehehe...

amei as fotos!

Lindo demais.

beijinnhos, Lígia e =^.^=