Monday, October 20, 2014

MISCELLANEOUS DRIVEL


While walking past my door the other day, I  looked out
 to see if there were any Hummingbirds.
Look how I hung this hook!!
It's been like that for two days..
I couldn't have done that again if I tried.





This is more like it !!!






My friend and neighbor does a lot of handiwork that includes, among other things, beautiful knitting.
A lot of her knitting is donated to our fairs to sell.
Recently she knitted a baby blanket and the person that bought it
asked her to knit a matching sweater and cap.
Isn't it adorable ?





From my kitchen the other day, I noticed this under my couch.
From a distance it didn't look anything like kitty feet 
but that's what it turned out to be.
Max strikes again.



My brother in law has been spending a lot of time in the wood shop
making these beautiful bowls from wood by "turning" on a lathe.
This was going to be a goblet but the stem came off.
I said that I could find a use for it.



Tillandsias, Bromeliad or Air Fern
(no water necessary )


I guess there are two sides to every story.
This is the one and only Hydrangea blossom I had this year.
It was blue and huge. I finally decided to cut it. 
As you can see, it is two faced !!



Happy Monday !!


8 comments:

NanaDiana said...

I am surprised that hook "held" like that and didn't get blown off. lol You must have a bit of magic going on there, too.

Cute picture of Max...lol and that turned "bowl" (that was almost a goblet) is a gorgeous piece. Turned wood is a real work of art, I think.

AND-that knitted sweater/hat is absolutely ADORABLE! xo Diana

Diane said...

All very interesting-- great bowl!!

Junebug said...

Wow, how did you do that balancing act? Maybe the birds knew it was to dangerous to take a sip.

Oh Max! Your feet are even so darn cute! and cute - that sweater and hat are adorable. My knitting skills are scarfs and dish rags!!

It's a new week so off to work I go, ugh! Bright side only 9 months til retirement, yippee! Enjoy your day!! Hugs!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Remember when little baby clothes like that were called a "layette"? Maybe they still are, for all I know, LOL!

Anonymous said...

Corrine did a great job on the baby clothes....so cute. Nice bowl too
;-)) Ann

Lynne said...

Love the bowl . . .
Hidden paws . . .
Two faced . . .
Fun post!
I can't imagine entering my sign on each time I comment!
I'll, we'll . . . figure it out!

Beth of ".E." Lizard Breath Speaks said...

I know folks that hook things like that!

Lilasesazuis Gata said...

Sim, é adorável o casaquinho.

Logo os visitantes alados chegarão...

Belo cachepô.

Ah, Missy , eu adoro as hortências.

A minha azul morreu...meu gato fez xixi no vaso e eu a perdi.

beijinhos, tenha um dia bem bonito,

Lígia e =^.^=