Monday, November 10, 2014

BUSY SATURDAY



 When I got up this morning my goals for the day were...
Do the wash
Reorganize some shelves in the garage
Watch the Penn State game




We had a hard frost last night so my Impatiens are done.




It didn't seem to bother this fern one bit.



But then, I digress..
This is the storage area that I wanted to clean out..




Mollie is already for game day !!!




I had called a landscaper friend of mine and several weeks ago to ask if he had any extra mulch.
He called around 10  AM and said he'd be over in a few minutes.
That put a hold on my plans for a little while.
We've been friends for a very long time and he goes out of his way to help me out.
When they removed leaves last week,
 they also removed my tanbark that was around my tender perennials and some newly planted trees and shrubs.
I thought they needed a little protection from the winter chill.




I know that it doesn't look like the leaves were removed but this garden was bare for a couple of days.



I missed the first half of the game...
Here's our really good place kicker...Sam Ficken 







We really needed this win..


I brought these things in to go through 
while I was watching the game..I needed to sit a little.
None of this made it back to the garage except as trash.
( The flowers went to Good Will..bags were recycled)




Ta Da..Much better..



 It's 7:30 PM...
Time for supper and a shower.
Long but productive day...tired.



7 comments:

Cattails said...

The mulch looks so nice. Mollie looks adorable as a cheerleader! You have inspired me to tackle some shelves in our garage!

Diane said...

Productive is good! I'm sure Good Will was glad you went through the shelves!

Beth of ".E." Lizard Breath Speaks said...

wow, u had a busy day - I love when things r all straight makes u feel great!! ( :

u need a break - coffee time or book reading time?

NanaDiana said...

Your mulch looks great and I know how it is to start one project and then have to drop it to finish something else up instead.

Glad Penn State won! Whoo Hooo...and glad you got so much done. I am taking a load of clothes today over to the Y which helps clothe women that are getting back in the workfield and need working clothes.

Have a great Monday- xo Diana

Susie said...

Missy, You got a lot done really. Love the sweater on your dog. :):)
You got that mulch down in time I am thinking. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Lynne said...

Bet you enjoyed your Penn State game day, Mollie too! And accomplished a shelf clean up . . .
And some redoing of the mulch too!

Lilasesazuis Gata said...

O seu dia rendeu bastante, Missy, querida!

Também com a ajuda de Mollie...rsrsrsr...

beijinhos,

Lígia e =^.^=