Monday, November 3, 2014

COME WALK WITH US

Happy November.
It seems like it was just August.
It occurred to me that I haven't taken any "fall color" pictures.
 I'd better hurry because it will all be gone in the next several days.




 I took my camera along on our late afternoon walk.





 It has been very windy all weekend so most of the trees are bare now with many more leaves on the ground that are changing their location by the minute.





There are a lot of these around.
 They seem to prefer the soft beds of pine needles.






I tried very hard to identify this
 but after a half an hour of Fungi searching,
I was becoming cross eyed. 
I did learn that there are 100, 000 species !!





Dahlias and Clematis not quite ready to say "goodbye". 

 



We should enjoy the color while we still can.
Soon it will be all browns and grays 
with an occasional dusting of white.

 I hope you remembered to set your clocks back.
If  you haven't done it by now.....Oh, well.
 


6 comments:

Diane said...

Those mushrooms are really neat. I don't think I've ever seen that type before. All of my flowers are gone now after Halloween's weird weather :(

Lynne said...

Our tress are mostly bare . . .
Has anyone else noticed that the Oak leaves fell this year before the Maples . . . Very strange. We have brown carpets of leaves and then a red or yellow maple in brilliant color.
68 tarp loads of leaves my guy hauled away to the woods. His back is screaming . . .
Thanks for the Dahlia color treats Missy!

Kelly_Deal said...

Lovely photos Missy! That fungi is really cool. For some odd reason, I love taking pictures of that stuff!

NanaDiana said...

Pretty colors, Missy. I'd say about 90% of our trees are bare now. The willows, of course, hang on until the end. We have piles and piles and piles of leaves...and while I love LOOKING at them I am not so thrilled about raking them. xo Diana

Cattails said...

These are such pretty photos. I absolutely love this time of year.

Lilasesazuis Gata said...

Maravilhosas cores e flores de outono.

Tenha um novembro muito cheio de paz!

beijinhos, Missy querida,

Lígia e =^.^=