Friday, November 14, 2014

LEAVES, LEAVES AND MORE LEAVES


 Last week "the crew" removed all the leaves.
There was a lot of blowing and raking and DUST !!





There were 5-6 piles like this on each street.









As you can see, there are still lots of leaves on the trees.




They use this red machine to push the leaves in to a pile..
I don't like it because it compacts the leaves and acts like a plow..
It has stripped a lot of the grass
 here especially if it's not a flat area.




The dusty part is vacuuming it up in to the truck.





No more leaves  :)




Til the next day !!!




Have a wonderful weekend..Happy Raking !!
Stay warm.



 


10 comments:

Diane said...

Does look noisy and dusty! However, the results were nice-- for a day! Stay warm is right! I think we landed in December somehow!

Lynne said...

Wish I had one of those Leaf Vacumns!
Better get your shovel out SOON!

Junebug said...

Leaves, leaves everywhere!! I think I need to find a company that cleans them up. I took the lawn mower out and that did help, many more to go! I think I'll take the nose and dust just as long as they are gone. Enjoy your weekend!!!

NanaDiana said...

Our trees are all stripped of their leaves now except for the weeping willows. We have a lawn service due here any time to do a final clean up for us. I just could not do it this year by myself. xo Diana

Lilasesazuis Gata said...

Missy, que interessante!!

Quantas folhas!!!!

Onde você mora há muita natureza.

Ainda bem que fazem a limpeza diariamente.

beijinhos, tenha um final de semana bem bonito!

Lígia e =^.^=

Cattails said...

I hate it when they tear up the grass. Fix one thing; tear up another!!!

Susie said...

Missy, In town if you rake your leaves into the street edge on certain days. The city crews,will come along and vacuum them , like that dusty truck thing does. This year our leaves blew to the next county on a super windy day and Ted mulch mowed the rest. We did not have to haul them to the woods. Hope you have a good weekend. It's going to be cold and snow here. xoxo,Susie

Beth of ".E." Lizard Breath Speaks said...

yep, i was there yesterday. doing the very same thing ... but i can see i have way more leaves than there. ha. ha!! they multiply here. ha. ha!!

happy weekend. ( :

W. Latane Barton said...

You just don't know how many leaves can be on one tree until they fall to the ground.

Tante Mali said...

Oh my goodness, what an effort for nothing! You should train the crew :)! Beautiful moon picture my friend! Absolutely fantastic!
Have a happy time
Elisabeth