Monday, November 17, 2014

MOTHERS "LITTLE" HELPER



For those of you unfamiliar with my blog...
This is Max, my short haired Maine Coon cat.





He was shaved several weeks ago because of severe matting.
Now he's with me more than ever and I can touch him anywhere.
(Apparently , the mats pull on their skin and hurt.)
BM  (before mats) I used to be able to rub him near his tail and he would raise his butt high in the air and never ask you to stop.
I haven't done that for a long time but I'm allowed to now.
Most of his mats where on his back from his shoulders to his tail.
Anyhow....
I was balancing my checkbook the other night on "his" table.
(His food is always up here so Mollie can't get it.)




He wouldn't leave me alone until I put him up on the table, you see, I was sitting in "his chair" or his access to the table.
You might have thought that he wanted to eat..
NOPE!!
" I want to see those papers you're working on."

Of course he had to lie on the checkbook with his back to me.






The unpaid bills got flicked to the floor
 with a few swishes of that tail of his.
If I did this at my desk, I wouldn't have this problem.




"Well, I'm just trying to make more room for you me."

 "How can you resist this face?"




He's my boy and I love him but sometimes....




I know....
I picked him up and put him on the table in the first place.

Have a good week...I hope you are cozy and warm.


8 comments:

Beverly Frankeny said...

Handsome Max...and such a helper! Thank goodness Mollie doesn't eat her dinner on the table!!!

Junebug said...

I so love kitties, as a child I always had one and was lugging it around. They never seem to mine. So what has happened? I can hardly pet a kitty without sneezing. I must wash my hand immediately to avoid touching my face and then the eyes start to water, the nose starts to run. It isn't fair! For all I want to do is snuggle with a kitty. So I will just have to enjoy "lots" of pictures of Max!!

Lynne said...

Cuddly and cute . . . what would we do without those daily dozes of smiles and love!
(How about electronic bill making?)

Susie said...

LOL Missy, that Max, He's something. He looks so much smoother really. Our cat used to chew my pens or pencils. :) Miss that cat . Blessings for a nice week. xoxo,Susie

Beth of ".E." Lizard Breath Speaks said...

sounds like some one needs some extra attention. love the close up nose shot. what a cute shot of Mollie look up at Max ... so curious. ( :

Cattails said...

Max is so handsome and how great that he enjoys being petted again. So happy he is no longer uncomfortable with the matting. That is so cute with Mollie looking up at him and his food! I love the close up of his sweet face too.
We have to feed our cats up high on a table AND keep their litter boxes up high because of Harriet the dog!!!!!
How is Max at balancing the check book!!!!!

Jody in Georgia said...

Having 5 beloved cats of my own, I always enjoy your posts on Max! He is such a sweetie! He looks so different with his "crew cut" but still a very handsome gentleman!

Marie said...

He's a beautiful cat, and looks like he has a great personality. Glad he doesn't have the mats anymore and can enjoy being rubbed.