Friday, November 21, 2014

WINDOWS TO THEIR WORLD


Before we moved here two years ago,
Max and Mollie had a lot of windows from which to see.
They were maybe sixteen inches from the floor so no matter
what they were lying/sitting on they could view the world.
It's very different here but they have figured it out.



This window was high before I had it enlarged.
I put a bird feeder outside
 and Max would spend endless hours watching them.
Often he would go through the slats in the blinds 
to try to get at them.
The right side was beginning to get a permanent sag 
so I took the bird feeder away. 




 Not quite as comfy,
he watches them from the kitchen window now.




I have several feeders outside of this window.


 So intense !!




Mollie spends her "world watching" time on the back of the couch.
I fear there may be a permanent dent in the cushion.
Max can sometimes be found there as well.



There is one way glass in this door ...
Birds and squirrels have been known to get pretty close 
looking at their reflections on the other side.
Until it gets cold, this door is always open and locked.
  It's not unusual to see one of them there in the middle of the night looking  for things that go "bump" in the night.


 

Where there's a will, there's a way.


14 comments:

Diane said...

Cats especially like to "window shop." My old cat used to take naps in open windows during the summer.

Cattails said...

I love this post. I like the way Max is crouched down looking over the edge of the kitchen window at the birds! My cats poke their paws and heads thru our blinds, too and YES, I have a permanent sag in my sofa cushion top too!!!

Junebug said...

I love how they are watching the world outside. I think I have a permanent dip in my sofa from doggie world watching. I fluff the one cushion daily but Jackson is right back up there. Love your solid glass door. I'm thinking of installing one at my front door for more light. Have a great weekend!! hugs!

Tante Mali said...

Oh my friend, I'm still smiling! This post is so fantastic. Your two little friends are ready for cinema!!! The first picture is realy something special!
Have a wonderful weekend and fun
Elisabeth

Susie said...

Missy, That is so cute with both of your pets at the door looking out. They seems to find a way to look out, bless them. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. It is to rain here tomorrow. But today , other than snow on the ground was truly a great day/ Not too cold or windy. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Patricia said...

Liberty likes watching out the sliding glass doors. She's watching for deer, or squirrels, or what ever is in "her" space. I still haven't figured out the issues with the blog delivery to your email. I'm sorry, but I did want to let you know that I've put up a blog post today.

".E." Lizard Breath Speaks, Beth said...

some one is coming up with a plan??! i wonder what they think? ( :

Lynne said...

Great entertainment for the " furry munchkins!"
And for you . . . Watching them WATCH!
Great post Missy . . .

eileeninmd said...

They seem to be happy looking out the windows and watching the birds.. That is what I do sometimes too..nice post, Missy.. Happy weekend!

Kelly said...

Your cat is so cute "stalking" inside. My dog likes to sit in front of the windows and watch the birds and squirrels too. He gets SO excited when he sees one and scratches the paint off the windowsills if I don't let him out. Spoiled rotten!

Hannah said...

Your pets are so funny, watching and dreaming of hunting. They are quite persistent.

Hannah said...

Your pets are so funny, watching and dreaming of hunting. They are quite persistent.

Marie said...

Your furry family is quite fortunate to have you care so much about their outdoor viewing! They are both very cute.

Carol Slack said...

Always enjoy pictures of Max & Mollie.