Wednesday, December 3, 2014

AN EARLY CHRISTMAS PRESENT


 My brother in law, Joe is a wizard
 when it comes to making things from wood.
Show him a picture and he can replicate it.
He made one of these for a family member and when I saw it,
I just had to have one.




It was going to be a Christmas present.
As I was draping my wet mittens over the recycle bin during our recent snow storm,
I hoped a little nagging might make Santa come early.


Thanks Joe,it's perfect. Mollie and I love it !





He's also been making these pins.
They are great with scarves.




 I have several sweater vests that my sister made
 and they are really cute when used to hold the front closed.
I have a very creative and talented family.



They'd be cute in your hair as well..
if you're lucky enough to have a lot of hair.
If anyone is interested in one, I think he's selling them for $20 .
I'll see what I can do.
 

6 comments:

Cattails said...

I love your Christmas present! What wonderful talent he has. Wishing you a very nice day.

Susie said...

Missy, I love your new gift. That Joe came through for you.:):) I also think the scarf pins are wonderful. My husband turns wood on the lathe. His son just started last year and had already invested in a bigger lathe. I love that Heath's has taken such an interest in something useful and beautiful. Hope you are having some nice enough weather to walk your Mollie girl. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Diane said...

Really nice! I remember YEARS ago having a hair holder like that; it was a butterfly.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Clever and creative!

Lynne said...

Talent in the family reaps its rewards!
I wish I had long hair . . .
(Quite the art to mold wood into that shape!)

Kelly said...

You're lucky to have access to all of that talent! I agree he can make some great stuff.