Wednesday, December 10, 2014

OH CHRISTMAS TREE, OH CHRISTMAS TREE

Thanksgiving weekend
I went with my sister to get her Christmas tree.





I probably haven't been here for about twelve years.
It's a tree farm that has over 10 acres.
I remember when we used to go out on their wagon 
and cut down our own tree.




Back then we just parked in their lot 
which is directly behind me as I take this picture.
No more!
Now one must park across the street in a field, 
walk back and select a tree, get a number, go get your car
and drive down and wait in line to get your tree.





We chose a pre cut one 
and enjoyed a hot dog while we wandered around looking.







If you can't find a tree here, you won't find one anywhere.








"Here's whatcha gotta do,ladies...."









Got the car !!! 
Now they trim, drill and wrap it.



They also load it on the car for you...



My sister is a little preturbed cuz her tires are muddy..



It went to the car wash as soon as the tree was unloaded.
I don't think it has stopped raining since.
I had fun!! 

FYI
Ignore the word verification.
It isn't activated.
You can comment without using it !!




10 comments:

eileeninmd said...

What a fun time, I love all the trees. I would have a hard time choosing one.. The wreaths are pretty too. Great post, enjoy your day!

Diane said...

Live trees certainly do add to the festive feel. Looks like they got a good one.

Lynne said...

Christmas tree farms are big business these days. The good news, very little work for you. Kinda miss those old days of trees that don't look perfect, aren't baled . . . I remember one tree I found, finally got it up on the too of the car. It was bigger than the car I think . . . not sure how we ever made it home.
I hope your sister has cleaned her tires and s happy once again!

NanaDiana said...

What a fun day, Missy. I love the ritual of it all but it has become more commercialized over the years, hasn't it?
We still have a farm here where they take you by horse drawn wagon out through the fields of trees and you signal them and jump off where you want. You cut your own tree and then they come back around and pick you up on the next go-round. The kids love it. xo Diana

Debra She Who Seeks said...

A fun afternoon from the sounds of it!

Junebug said...

Sounds like a fun day. Did you get one? I'm not sure if a real tree is going up at my house this year! Hugs!!

Susie said...

Missy, I have never been to a tree farm. I bet it smells so good there. I love to smell fir trees(pines). I glad you enjoyed your time . Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Patricia said...

We went to one tree lot downtown and it was so muddy that we didn't even bother getting out of the car. Ha. I didn't want to track mud back into the car, so we went to a lot on pavement and purchased a real tree for the first time in about 12 years. Our last tree was fake and got so old that I had to vacuum plastic needles off the carpet... not kidding.

Cattails said...

Looks like fun, except for the muddy tires!!!

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Looks like you had a fun day. Lots of hustle bustle and making memories.
Louise