Wednesday, January 28, 2015

MAX IS 15


 Happy Birthday Max !!




Max was a rescue and thought to be about two years old.
My vet said "where did you get him, he's a Maine Coon !"
He has their characteristics  ..
Large bone structure and rectangular body shape, broad chest.
They are known for their intelligence and gentle personality.
Maine Coons are the largest of the domestic breeds.

He's quiet, never, ever meows.
He almost always has this scowl on his face..
I think it's the slant of his eyes.




They are very dog like..he runs to greet me when I come home.
When I sit, he's right there beside me or on my lap.
See what I mean??





He's a dear and my best buddy..very devoted.
He has grown most of his fur back since his recent shaving.



"Yup Mom, I'm handsome again."
This is one of my favorite pictures.
When he was young, 
he would jump from the kitchen counters up to the top 
of the cabinets ..
We had high ceilings then so those cabinets were pretty high!
"Can't get me now."


I sure hope he has lots more birthdays.

14 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Happy Birthday, Max! He is handsome, I love the last shot!

Have a happy day, Missy!

Beverly Frankeny said...

I agree, Max is one great cat! And definitely the most handsome one that I know. Happy Birthday dear Max....and many more!!

Diane said...

Happy Birthday, sweet Max!! Yes, I noticed his fur coming back; he looks like his old self again! I have heard Maine Coons are great cats. Sounds correct!

Lynne said...

Oh my, I hope more birthdays too . . . I had no idea Max was 15 years . . . Handsome indeed . . .

Susie said...

Missy, I too hope Max has many more birthdays. He sure doesn't appear to be that old. We had a tuxedo cat that lived about 18 years, when we were all young at home. Enjoy your best buddy. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Happy birthday, Max! You rock, big guy!

Junebug said...

Happy Birthday Max! You are one cool cat! Tell Mom special treats are in order, Hugs!!

Jody in Georgia said...

Happy Birthday, Max....and wishes for many, many more!

".E." Lizard Breath Speaks, It's Beth said...

Happy Birthday Max!! I'm so happy that you have such lovely caring animals to keep you happy & cheerful. what do you buy a cat for their birthday? a treat? cake or??! i am curious - what is a normal age or cats? i do not know much about cats or dogs. ( :

".E." Lizard Breath Speaks, It's Beth said...

i did ask you to be my friend on FB. i would guess you know my name is Beth Edwards. i think you might know. ha. ha!! would you please be my friend. i feel like a little kid asking. remember those days? check yes or no? ( :

NanaDiana said...

He's a beauty. My Maine Coon was one of my favorite cats I have had in my life. He was black with all the markings. His name was Mr. Midnight. Happy Happy Birthday to Max! xo Diana

Linda said...

He is a handsome sweetie. Happy birthday, Max. :)

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

oh he is beautiful!!!

one of our grand daughter's has a shelter cat, and she is a Maine Coon too. so beautiful, and she knows she is! ,-)

I thing Maine Coons are the most beautiful of cats.

gentle hugs,
Tessa~

CatTales said...

HB to Max! I did not realize he is 15. He is a sweetie and oh, so handsome. Reminds me of my Trixie and Rocker.