Monday, January 26, 2015

THE PERFECT SNOW

 This was the view from my bedroom window Saturday morning.
The forcast was for 3-5 inches starting at seven Friday night and ending at one Saturday afternoon.
It started at eleven Friday night and it was over at eight Sat AM.
It's one PM Saturday and the sun is out!
PERFECT !! 




It's above freezing and was mixed with some rain,
 making it heavy for shoveling  but beautiful on the trees.
Fortunately, I don't have to shovel it.
The roads were done already 
when we went out for our morning walk.
There were about four inches of wet snow as evidenced by the 
packing done by the plows.
Good snowman snow!




From my kitchen window...





Mollie and I were out "romping" in the snow 
for about an hour and a half..


She was "romping", I was taking pictures.






 I went back to the house after our regular walk to get the camera.
I was afraid if I waited until the afternoon, 
the snow would be off the trees. I was right.




It was falling on us already as we walked under them .






The cornfield that borders our neighborhood has become a meeting place for the Canada Geese.
The next picture is only one third of their expanse.
I need a wide angle lens to get them all.
They've been here for several weeks and are so noisy.
I'm glad my cottage doesn't back up to the cornfield. 



 I hope I'm not standing under them when they decide to leave.



I hope you had a wonderful weekend.

10 comments:

eileeninmd said...

I have been enjoying these "easy" snow storms lately.. The clean up has been a breeze and the roads seem OK.. I love the photos of the trees and your neighborhood.. The geese found their happy spot in that corn field. Have a happy day and week ahead!

Diane said...

Fabulous photos! As much as I'm not a fan of winter, it can be very pretty!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Winter Wonderland!

Junebug said...

How beautiful! Snow makes everything look so fresh and clean. I'm glad you took picture so I could enjoy it also. Hugs!

Susie said...

Missy, You got what we were to have yesterday. We only got an inch and a half...but it was wet and heavy. I went ahead and shoveled our drive up to the house and the walkways. I know not to lift heavy snow, I push it to the edges. Your snow photos are so pretty. I am praying for the east coast. Take care, xoxo,Susie

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Your view looks very beautiful and I love the photos you took of the bluebirds! Stay warm! Hugs, Diane

Lynne said...

So, so BEAUTIFUL, GORGEOUS!

Patricia said...

I love the look of snow on the trees. It makes beautiful photos. I'm really missing winter this year. I posted about it today. Take care.

".E." Lizard Breath Speaks, It's Beth said...

i love all that snow. so pretty. i am jealous but i thank you for sharing it with us people who sadly do not have any snow to see. ha. ha!! ( :

Jody in Georgia said...

Missy, your beautiful snow photos do this old Georgia gal's heart good! I don't think we're gonna get any snow this year at all, so I am enjoying it vicariously thru your pictures! Thanks!