Wednesday, February 25, 2015

ACROSS THE STREET ALMOST A YEAR AGO



March 5th, 2014...Fire!!





It pretty much stayed like this until mid June.



When it rained it was pretty stinky..


The fire started in a car on the carport that was idling to warm up.
No one was hurt..The house was totaled.
The occupants moved to another cottage.



June 21st a dumpster arrived and stayed there all  summer.





They always blame delays on permits, insurance, etc.
I know there is some truth to that.



Day 1


The house was gutted..
The brick and the concrete foundation were saved.



By the end of the week, it was totally gutted
and the foundation for the Florida room was dug.







The concrete was poured for the Florida room and a small patio.
(to be continued)


8 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Wow, fires always scare me..Looks like there was a lot of damage.. I am glad no one was hurt. I hope the people had good insurance..Wishing you a happy Wednesday!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Very interesting! I'm sure you were glad to see the burned eyesore gone. [FYI, I addressed your "Ask Me Anything" question over at my blog today.]

NanaDiana said...

Fire is such a terrible thing. My mother's house burned to the ground when she was 12 and they saved themselves and just a very few things. I still have some of the things she saved.

I can't wait to see the finish on the project across from you. I LOVE a Florida room! xo Diana

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

what a messsss!

did you and other neighbors go out and clap, for the demo guys, when they came????

will be super when a new house goes up there.

Tante Mali said...

Oh Missy,
happy the fire didn't affect your house!!! And what a mess for month! Hope they'll finished soon - it's always noise and dirt. All my best to you and yes, it's a bookmark!
Big hug
Elisabeth

Lilasesazuis Gata said...

Meu Deus, Missy,

Que susto, amiga!!

Ainda bem que ninguém se feriu.

Pelo jeito logo tudo estará reerguido.

beijos, Lígia e =ˆ.ˆ=

Lilasesazuis Gata said...

Meu Deus, Missy,

Que susto, amiga!!

Ainda bem que ninguém se feriu.

Pelo jeito logo tudo estará reerguido.

beijos, Lígia e =ˆ.ˆ=

Lilasesazuis Gata said...

Meu Deus, Missy,

Que susto, amiga!!

Ainda bem que ninguém se feriu.

Pelo jeito logo tudo estará reerguido.

beijos, Lígia e =ˆ.ˆ=