Wednesday, February 4, 2015

THE FIRST 20 YEARS ?


I was going thru some old pictures the other day 
and thought I would share some of them.
 Please excuse the quality ,I did say they were old!

This is me at 6 months with my Mother on the back of her horse, "Gladstone".








I always loved this picture..







Me with my parents







My sister and I were often dressed in matching pinafores.
I'm the oldest and at that time, the tallest....no longer. 




It was tough to catch Ann smiling..
These were taken by my Grandparents hedge. 



Another favorite...
Taken in the driveway of the house we grew up in.




Here's proof that I played with dolls !!
 


This was taken at my grandparents house
 as were the pictures of us in pinafores. 



 Jr High
We had a "sitter" that used to give us perms!!





Sr High
I have that china closet in my Living room today.

 


There is a big gap in my life as far as pictures go.
My high school years were on slides and thrown away.


 Graduation from nursing school 1961




To be continued.....

Linking with




13 comments:

Diane said...

How neat!! Love them all! You haven't changed that much over the years. Boy, clothing has sure changed. When's the last time you saw a nurse in a white uniform??

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I really enjoyed your trip down memory lane! Matching pinafores! How cute!

Junebug said...

These pictures are great!!! I love, love looking at old pictures and enjoying all the memories they create!

Anonymous said...

Neat pictures....you must have scanned them??? I shall have to do that. Makes for an interesting post. Must check back for the continuation. Have a good day.
Louise (cards4ubylouise)

Susie said...

Missy, I love your pictures. Do you still have that pretty dress from high school? The baby pic of you looks like you have pets already. :):) My baby sister is taller than me also. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

I love old pictures! thank you for sharing yours.

I'm sure you have a scanner, and use it, for these. we don't have a scanner, and I have to take picture of pictures, to show old photos. lol.

awww, the slide memories got thrown away. what a shame. -pout-

Tessa~

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

"which twin has the Toni?" ,-)

oh yes!!! home perms!!!! did we all do that? -grin- may well be.

Tessa~

eileeninmd said...

Hi Missy, I love seeing these old photos. You were a cute little girl. I love the shot on the horse and the nurse uniform shot is great too. Thanks for sharing..

Saimi said...

I love going through old pictures! Thank you for sharing yours - your mama and me would have gotten along just fine in the horse department!
she's a very pretty lady and obviously you and your sister fell very close to her tree! :)

Saw you over at Pat's blog and thought I'd stop in and say hi, hope you don't mind.

Saimi
www.mydogarchie.blogspot.com

Lynne said...

I loved these pictures . . . can't wait for more!
You and your sister look so much alike and identical to your mom!

Tante Mali said...

Wonderful memories!!! You are a fabulous horse back rider :)!!! Lovely pictures. Thank you for sharing your 20 first years
All my best
Elisabeth

".E." Lizard Breath Speaks, It's Beth said...

aren't pinafores a cookie? maybe i have another word getting confused there? i wonder??!

i think your Dad has super cool glasses, such character!! i enjoy looking at folks old shots & their lives/etc. neat-o!! ( :

CatTales said...

Missy, I am catching up on the posts I missed. These are awesome photos. I know you really treasure these family photos. Wishing you a restful night and a good Sunday. Mildred