Monday, March 30, 2015

BOBTAILED SQUIRREL



 I have been trying for several years to get a picture of this guy.




 You see, he has no tail or not much of one.
He must have critters because he was always scratching.




 I have seen him here and there over the past several years 
and have, upon occasion, ( from a distance) mistaken him
 for a rabbit.
It was that long ago when Mollie and I were out walking,
 that I saw a squirrels tail lying in the grass in a field..
must have been his.
I guess one of those hawks that I write about got him..
almost.





 More scratching..




I guess squirrels don't eat corn from the ground??



 This is much more fun...


I hope there is some fun in your day..

12 comments:

Stewart M said...

I think that tail hides a tale, if you see what I mean!

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

PS: thanks for the info on Max!

eileeninmd said...

Hello Missy, it seems that your squirrel is doing well without his tail..Great captures.. Have a happy Monday!

Lilasesazuis Gata said...

Oh, Missy,

Voltei das Férias!!

Que encanto esse esquilinho!!

Acho que você tem razão, ele deve ter perdido sua cauda em luta pela vida!!

Missy, que privilégio ter esses visitantes ilustres em seu jardim!!

beijinhos, querida, tenha uma semana bem bonita!

Lígia e =ˆ.ˆ=

Debra She Who Seeks said...

He is a wiley old battle-scarred veteran.

Susie said...

Missy, Such a sad tail. You could be right about w he lost his tail. You got some good shots of him. Hope your day is good too. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

".E." Lizard Breath Speaks, It's Beth said...

i have never seen a squirrel like that. i wonder how it goes for his/her balance. the squirrels around here love flying around like crazy guys. ( :

susan said...

What a little sweetie - seems he didn't let a little thing like losing his tail ruin his fun. Great photos!

Lynne said...

Poor bob-tailed squirrel . . .
Thanks for the giggles !

NanaDiana said...

Aww...poor squirrel. I wonder if they use their tails for a bit of balancing and he has had to adapt to that? You feel kind of sorry for him really.

I am surprised you didn't pick that tail up to add to your coonskin hat! lol xo Diana

Diane said...

Poor guy! Guess he's lucky in one way.

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

It's fun, to finally get a picture, of something you have been trying to get, for ages!!!

I don't usually think "poor squirrel" but that loss of his tail, couldn't have been much fun. Brrrrrrrrrrr....

And now I see NanaDiana's 'cheeky' comment above. About adding it to your coonskin hat! Oh she is a pistol!!!! -giggggles-

Cranberry Morning said...

Aw, poor little guy! But I love the great shots you were able to get. And he looks like he's managing quite well even without the normal tail.