Monday, March 23, 2015

SPRING CLEANUP 2015

 Last week there was a flurry of activity around here.
It's that time. 




The tanbark fairies have arrived..
The early part of the week was spent pruning and cleaning up.
That's a very scary time for me 
They don't know a rose from a Rhododendron..
As it is ,
They cut down all the Hydrangeas and someones Lilacs.





It looks so much cleaner and tidier now.



Sorry that truck is there..he's painting my bathroom.
That's another story.


The next day it snowed.
The snow turned brown from the tanbark dye.








A well deserved lunch break...



Tanbark delivery..



In previous years they used 6 wheel barrows and spread it by hand.
Much quicker but used a lot more tanbark, I think.
There are five streets of cottages inside a large oval.
They used to do it all in almost one day...
This way they get two streets done each day.



Have you done your Spring cleanup yet??




5 comments:

Diane said...

Looks nice. Not much clean up here yet. I was just looking at the dead leaves along one fence of my backyard. Need to get busy, but it's going to be rather chilly here this week.

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

I take it, you live in an area, which is maintained by...... who ever is in charge of the area, as it were. at first I thought you were having those workers in, yourself... just to do your yard.

here, we have to do our own clean up. and this year, I am going to get a young man, who does such work. neither one of us feels like facing allllllllll the cleannnnnnup. even though he hates to admit such. men! lol.

once it is spick and span, we can work on keeping it up. and family next door, cuts the grass.

not that time yet, though. we are still in the snow-nearly-gone. but all the yard mess, is showing "happily". -sigh-

best not to look out the patio door, to often!!!!!! -grin-

NanaDiana said...

Oh- I have mulch envy. That is the kind I like best!
No Spring clean up going on here yet. We still have some snow...lol

Too bad about the lilacs and bushes that got hacked off! xo Diana

Kelly Deal said...

Nice Missy! I'm so ready for spring cleanup, but it we had around 4" of snow here in the Chicagoland area, so the hubby and I will have to wait until we back from vacation. I so want to hire someone to do the cleanup. A landscape company left a flyer on the door a few days ago and I want to call them to get an estimate!

Lynne said...

You are much, much further ahead is us with soaring time cleaning. WOW . . . we are still white!
Lucky you!