Monday, June 8, 2015

BOREDOM CAN BE EXPENSIVE


 Weekends tend to be boring sometimes,
 especially if I'm caught up with the chores 
that I usually save to do then.
This was one of those times,
 so I went out to one of our local garden centers.
Lo and behold, they were having buy one, get one 
on all their planters and annuals.
So...tada....




I saw this fiber mat planter (empty)
 and thought it would be perfect for my railing.
I was wandering around with the petunias 
wondering what to put with them ,
 when an employee asked if I needed help.. 
(I must have looked somewhat forlorn).





I had decided on the dark Potato vine 
but was going back and forth about the third color.
I thought hot pink would be nice but then I remembered all the red geraniums I have everywhere.
White seemed to be a good choice.
She planted it for me..8 annuals for the price of four.
I saved $20.00 !! I just love it.
Things are a little off center but 
moving that bird bath is no easy task especially now that it is level.
Maybe some day if there is some muscle around...
and I know just the muscle too.





8 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello Missy, I love your new planter and the pretty flowers. Good choices! And the birdbath is wonderful sitting there. Have a happy day and week ahead!

Lynne said...

Very nice grouping . . .
Love the water bath . . .
Now who is the "muscle mover!"

Diane said...

Lovely! Great choices!

"E", ...Beth... , from VA. said...

i hope you don't get into too much trouble ... sounds dangerous. i try to always have something on the back burner in case i have free extra time. but i understand what you mean. it is often quiet here. do you read? i got into a new tv show i found on Netflix ... so it has me stuck in. love your blooms. did i miss what the purple bloom is on the ground? did you say a germanium? no i think that was in the basket? ( :

Lilasesazuis Gata said...

Oh, Missy, querida,

Ainda bem que você saiu para um passeio e não ficou chateada.

Lindo sua nova aquisição!

Ficou um encanto...

Ah, as flores, as flores...

beijinhos, querida,

tenha uma semana bem bonita!

Lígia e =^.^=

Patricia said...

What a beautiful combination. I hope you post photos to show how full and beautiful it will be later his summer.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Whatta deal! Looks great.

colleen said...

What a beautiful addition to the bird bath area!! Is that perennial geranium around the bird bath?