Friday, June 12, 2015

MARAUDING CROWS


I've been delaying publishing this post because the pictures aren't that great but I'm tired of looking at it so...
It's your turn...



They are all over the place and in to everything...





I have a dear family member that loves crows..
Why??
They are noisy and disruptive....maybe it's their size.
I see nothing endearing about them..
They don't even take good pictures.




How do you like the composition in this picture?




It was a bad time of day to be taking pictures thru my windows.
Wrong lighting..bad shadows




These big guys spend a lot of time raiding nests..very sad.



As beautiful as nature can be it can sometimes be very cruel.
 Cat Birds must be nicer??



Have a fun weekend..



8 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Oh no, a murder of crows. I have them here too. I love the cute Catbird. Have a great Friday and a happy weekend!

Diane said...

You're right about nature being cruel unfortunately. Wish it wasn't so. Have a good weekend!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Crows are like the mafia of the bird world. Smart survivors but ruthless.

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

Yes, notice and one will see a bigger bird, being chased by one or two small ones. Nest robbing, it seems.

Years ago, at about 5PM in winter, waves and waves and waves of crows would fly over our house... South to north. Seems they were flying to nest overnight, in woods to our north.

It gave me the creeps, to watch them coming. Waves and waves and waves of them. Coming and coming and coming. Make me not want to step out my door.

I know I'd be pretty big to "pick up" but...

Remember "The Birds" old film?????

Oh one good thing about this post... -gigggles- That almost straight across tail, is a crow. Now, what is the tail of a raven? Not straight across I think. Will look it up.

Hmmmm, I like the idea of Ravens better. Their use in magical tomes and the like. :-)))

Lynne said...

Wonder why they are in love with you . . .
Very nice, lots of food . . .
Might be . . .
Reminds me of Hitchcock's The Birds . . .

Tante Mali said...

Missy,
is Mr. Hitchcock somewhere around?
All my best
Elisabeth

Saimi said...

We have Magpies - I don't know my birds but they have to be a distant cousins of crows - they are big bold and ruthless

Lilasesazuis Gata said...

Oh, Missy,

Por aqui não temos corvos.

Eu os vi na Europa e ...achei eles bonitos, com suas penas bem pretinhas.

Pelo visto, eles são gulosos e roubam comida...hehehe...

beijinhos, tenha uma semana bem bonita!

Lígia e =^.^=