Wednesday, June 10, 2015

NEW TREE



Recently I acquired a Copper Bark Maple Tree.
They have beautiful shinny copper bark that 
is beautiful in the winter.




This tree needs shaping and pruning badly.






I called my brother in law who does Bonsai's
 to see if he would do the deed.






Of course I cringed with ever branch that fell.
It now has an Apex (a single top branch).
He has also staked a branch from the heavy left side and is training it to fill in a bare spot on the right.
There are a few more branches that should probably come off but WE decided to wait until the leaves are off of it
 and we are able to see its shape.




Have a happy week.



9 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello Missy, it is a pretty tree, the bark sounds lovely. Your BIL did a great job pruning and shaping. Have a happy Wednesday!

Mildred said...

That's a pretty tree and how nice that he would shape it for you. I know you'll enjoy the tree for years to come. Have a nice day.

Diane said...

Looking good! Hope it does well.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Your brother-in-law did a great job! I took a bonsai course a gazillion years ago but it required much, much more artistic and horticultural skill than I possessed. So now all I do is admire the work of others!

Susie said...

Missy, I think your BIL did a fantastic job. He brought out it character ...it is not just a clump now. I love it. Hope it brings you much joy. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

You are lucky to have an expert, to do this sort of thing.

'Cause most of us, are _not_ experts, at such!!! ,-)

Lilasesazuis Gata said...

Missy,

Podar árvores também é uma forma de arte.

Ficou muito mais bonita.

beijinhos, tenha um dia bem bonito!!

Lígia e =^.^=

Lynne said...

Interesting . . . Does he give pruning/shaping tutorials?

Patricia said...

That is going to grow into a beautiful tree. How lucky to have someone who knows how to shape the tree and care for it.