Monday, July 13, 2015

OLD HABITS


Max loves fresh water...



When he first came to us,
he wouldn't drink from a dish so we'd let him drink from the faucet.
This proved to be problematic if we went away
 or forgot to turn of the faucet.




Eventually, I invested in a fountain which did the trick.
Now, for whatever reason, he'll drink from a dish.
BUT
Every now and then, he gets into the sink and gives me "the look".
He gets his whole head into it, letting the water run down his forehead.
 



At night , I fill a glass with ice water for me to drink 
in case I get thirsty.
He has to test it first.
 I don't know why his tongue doesn't stick to the ice.




He knows when I get my water before going to bed.
He's sitting on the stove next to the frig waiting for it.





He's my boy..Look at those whiskers !
I'm sure some of you are cringing at the sight of a cat 
on the stove and in the sink.
I know my husband would be. I just can't get excited about it.
 
 

10 comments:

Stewart M said...

Great shots - although I am not sure that Max really likes the experience, judging by the look on his face!

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

eileeninmd said...

Good morning, Missy! Your Max sounds like he is spoiled. Drinking ice water from your cup! I loved the photos, so cute!
Have a happy day and new week ahead!

"...E...", from VA, Beth said...

as along as it doesn't bug you that is all that matters. i don't have pets ... unless you consider the hubby a pet. ha. ha!! ( :

cute shots.

Lilasesazuis Gata said...

Que amor suas fotos do Max.

Missy, eu tenho 6 gatinhos e eles não bebem na torneira.

Há tempos eu comprei uma fonte e eles preferem a fonte.

Mas, andam pelo fogão, pela mesa, pelo sofá, pela geladeira, rsrsrsrsr....a casa toda é deles...e eu deixo.

beijinhos, querida, tenha uma semana bem bonita!

Lígia e =^.^=

Mildred said...

I love these pictures. Out of our 5 cats, only one likes to drink at the sink. That is cute about Max testing your water/ice for you - doesn't bother me. They are like family!

Kimberly~Nutbrown Cottage said...

Oh, my! How funny! He's a beautiful cat, Missy!

Jody in Georgia said...

Missy, you're a gal after my own heart! My five cats rule my household...I am just here to serve!! Give Max a kiss from me!

Marie C said...

He's so cute, loving his water any way he can get it! :-) Lovely pictures of a lovely cat!

Nancy said...

Oh, Missy, I'm with you! I love Max already and have never met him! My two Ragdolls (brother and sister) rule this roost. They run the show around here. They do the cutest things, which are fine with me because they are not destructive in any way.

Lynne said...

Hey . . . he knows HOT WEATHER . . .
Give him a break!