Monday, August 3, 2015

BLUE MOON

This past weekend we had our second full moon of the month.
( I guess you did as well). 





I know that a lot of you remember this song...
"Blue moon, you saw me standing alone
Without a dream in my heart
Without a love of my own"






 These were taken at one AM..
I had gotten up to go to the bathroom 
and there was moonlight flooding my entire bedroom.
I just couldn't resist.
As you can see, the moon is not blue.
A truly blue moon requires a volcanic eruption and volcanic ash.
That is less common than a second full moon in the same month. 
Have a perfect week.

8 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello Missy, gorgeous captures of July's Blue Moon. Well done! Have a happy day and new week ahead!

Diane said...

What cool pictures! I had heard about the blue moon, and heard the definition for the first time ever. And that night my bedroom was awfully bright too!

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

WOW!!!!!!!

I now, officially request, that you photograph each and every coming Full Moon!!!!! Your photography is wonderful, my Dear!!!!!

Wishing you some whimsey and magic, in your week,
Tessa

Lilasesazuis Gata said...

Parabéns, Missy, querida!

Que foto maravilhosa.

A lua é linda!!

Um belo clic.

beijinhos, tenha uma bonita semana,

Lígia e =^.^=

Kelly said...

These pics are from YOUR camera??? They are beautiful! I usually don't sleep well during a full moon because of the light coming through the windows in the house.

Stewart M said...

Heavy cloud messed up my views of the second full Moon - I will have to wait a bit for the next blue moons

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

"...E...", from VA, Beth said...

i always wonder why they call it blue? do folks really see blue? i guess i miss that?? i don't see it? never have. ha. ha!! ( :

how are you this week?

Beverly Frankeny said...

Great shots....looks like you figured that camera out again!!! Perfect!!!