Friday, August 14, 2015

JUST A LITTLE TWEAKING



 The bushes (Red Twig Dogwoods) on either side of the tree
are outgrowing their space and have to be continually pruned so they don't cover the window.
SO...they are going to a new home....
Someone elses. 
I think they  have moved to one of the retention ponds 
on the West Side.






They are gone now and the two shrubs on the right
 were placed in to their holes..
A Crape Myrtle and a Flowering Almond
I pulled the daises out as well..
They have been on the ground since an early summer storm.
I replaced them with a variety that only gets two feet tall..




Looks like there is work to be done.



DONE !!






With a little....lot of help from my friend...

 



 Thanks MB !
Much, much better.





Since I took this picture, 
I have added a butterfly flower and a couple of Liriope.
 I added these out front this AM....
Now I just have to keep up with the watering..
We have had very little rain
 and it's going to get hot again this weekend.





Have a marvelous weekend..


10 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello Missy, your new garden bed looks pretty. I love all the flowers you added. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

Kelly said...

Your flowerbed looks beautiful now! I've almost given up on planting flowers here because of the intense heat and dry conditions. Spring is the best time for our yard then it starts drying up this time of year. I have had good luck with crepe myrtles though! They love this weather.

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

Love that where you live, does all that neat-ing-up of the flower and shrub beds!!!!!! That is the secret! To me. Because that starts things off right. No weeds.

And then I figure you have to do some weeding, during the summer, but you can also more easily do changing.

I. love. It!!!!!

Tessa

Susie said...

HI Missy, I like the make over. You have chosen some pretty flowers and plants. I do not like anything to grow up over the views of my windows. What I get angry about is buying a plant that is call dwarf and it's not. I have planted things that have out grow their area because of this. If it says 2x2 on the plant label it should not get to be 4x4. Blessings to you for a great weekend. xoxo,Susie

Diane said...

Looking good!! Stay cool!

Denise at Autumn Sky said...

It's very nice! It's always nice to have a project finished so you can stand back and just enjoy the results. Have a good weekend :-)

Gunilla Bäck said...

Looks great! I love the coneflowers and the hostas. Thank you for visiting my blog!

Kelly Deal said...

Love the new garden bed Missy! Have a wonderful weekend!

Red Rose Alley said...

Thank you, Missy, for following us, and I just followed you back. You really do have a lovely blog. And I like the pop-up comments. They are a lot easier to comment, and I wish more of my blog friends had them.

~Sheri

Lynne said...

Never ends does it . . .
Everything looks so pretty!