Friday, August 21, 2015

THINGS I LOVE ABOUT SUMMER




 Peaches !!
My favorite fruit..Sweet, juicy and so yummy.
A friend got them at a local orchard and shared with me.






 Another friend has tomatoes..mine aren't ripe yet.
There is nothing better than a summer tomato.






 Cucumbers as well..Burpless yet !





I must apologize..
I ate the corn before I thought about pictures.
Oh so sweet...
Oops, more mysteriously appeared. Local, of course.





If you only want to cook one or two ears of corn...
Cut off the stem at the last row of kernels.
Wrap the whole thing in a wet paper towel.
Microwave it for two minutes.
The silk and husk will just slide off mostly all in one piece.
Easy, peasy...


...................



 We can't forget the flowers.. 
They have been gorgeous this summer.



Enjoy your weekend.....
 

11 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Good morning, Missy, they are some of my favorite summer things too. The corn on the cob is so fresh and sweet. I have not tried the peaches yet. Your flowers are lovely. Happy Friday, have a great weekend!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I had a lovely peach the other day too.

Diane said...

Ahh, summer when the livin' is easy... Great to have homegrown fruits and veggies!!

Lynne said...

I am hungry for a PEACH now, thanks to you!
Lovely Pink Hydrangea . . . I love the leaves too!

Susie said...

Missy, All your food looks so good...and you are right, that great summer taste can't be beat. I like the micro wave idea , for cooking corn. I love your hydrangea. Blessings for a wonderful weekend, xoxo,Susie

Nancy's Notes said...

Missy, your favorites things are my favorites! I just bought some peaches yesterday and they were the best ever! Nothing like a good summer vegetables! Your flowers look beautiful and so healthy!
Missy, thank you for your dear comments while I've been recovering from my heart issues! So kind of you to drop in and visit!
Have a wonderful weekend~
Nancy

Terri @ Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Oh what I wouldn't give for a BLT right now- the tomatoes look yummy. Have a nice weekend!

Karen L. Bates said...

Oh, to have fresh veggies from the garden. I started juicing and it takes a ton of veggies, good thing a neighbor gave me some cucs. Glad you are having a good summer.

Pepper Medley said...

Oh ya..I am all about sweet corn and have been enjoying some that the neighbors gave to us. We froze some and each had an ear with our dinner last night. I'm not a summer person, but the fresh food it offers us is wonderful!

Lynne said...

I like your "summer likes!"
Gorgeous hydrangea . . . great color!!!

Lynne said...

Just now, looking at the comments, I see that this post is a 2015 and I have already commented.
Now you have THREE comments!