Friday, September 25, 2015

FIELD TRIP



 It has been awhile since I visited my friends at 
Bee Haven Acres.
No time like the present!







On My way in, I passed the garden which is in fall mode.
Just a few leftover veggies waiting to be harvested.
 




 I stopped to give Mary Ann and Ginger a scratch.
They were not at all happy that I had no Ritz crackers to offer.






 They must have passed the word on to Faith, Hope and Gracie.
They didn't come running.





Up at the house you could see that decorating for fall had begun.








After a few craft projects and a little lunch, we set out on the gator
to do some farm chores and take some pictures.
You can guess which one of those occupied my time.
First to the pond to feed the fish and the ducks.
 If you look closely, you can see a large white fish 
in the center of the picture.
The water is a little murky from feeding activity.

 




Then to the barn to feed the equines...
Red was patiently waiting..
 




 As was Moonbeam..always posing.






Tom Tom was doing what barn cats do..

 




 "Oakie" was soaking up some sun.






 Annie was looking for trouble...






 And she found it with Sam.




 Ollie and Red waiting for their hay flakes.




 Interesting clusters of mushrooms ?
I was unable to identify them..they have a common base.






The next "chore" was cleaning the pasture.
There are a lots of clusters of these Daisies growing wild.
 




 This is the cleanest pasture you will ever see.







Off to the compost pile .....
I took some home for my garden.
In the "pumpkin patch" the zinnias were still beautiful. 

 




The hens and guineas were taking their afternoon dust baths.


 


Back to the house to drop off my "compost" 
and pick up some egg cartons.
Eggs were collected, goats were fed and afternoon 
chores were done!!! 
Whew!!! I worked hard..
Fun day!!  



Linking with Eileen @ Saturdays Critters

Saturday's Critters

http://viewingnaturewitheileen.blogspot.com/




9 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Good morning, Missy! What a fun day at the farm. I love all the cute animals. Wonderful collection of photos. Happy Friday, have a great weekend!

Nancy's Notes said...

What a grand time at Bee Haven Acres! I would have loved to have been along for the ride! Each of your photographs are just awesome, Missy!

Diane said...

That does sound like a very fun day to me! Especially in nice weather. Nice pictures!

Lynne said...

Sounds and looks like a Fun Day . . .

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Love the shot of that piggy snout!

Patricia said...

Oh goodness, How could you forget to pack the Ritz crackers? Loved this post. Take care.

Kelly said...

That farm looks like it's fun to visit. So many animals and pretty flowers and a lake. Can't get nicer than that! I'm sure your friends love to see you come and help out too.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Missy

I loved this post and all the cute critters. What a fun visit to the farm! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post! Have a happy Sunday and week ahead!

Susie said...

Missy, You are so good with your camera. I loved the farm pictures. Horses are so nice to just look at and enjoy. I always want to pet them . I love that cat too. Blessings, xoxo,Susie