Wednesday, September 30, 2015

IN SEARCH OF CHIPPIES



This is an old picture but the story continues.....





 I was out in my garden this AM and had Mollie tied to my hose holder.
I heard this frantic digging going on next to this downspout.
History told me that there was a chipmunk in there.






I was standing against the downspout and could feel the "chippie" frantically scurrying trying to get up the downspout..
He was about shoulder level.





"Hey, you looking for me?"




She sticks her nose up every downspout we pass.
Someday there will be a "Chippie" attached to it.


9 comments:

Diane said...

We've seen a lot of chipmunks scurrying around lately. They must be laying in food for winter. My Coonhound stalks them much like a cat, but she doesn't try to catch them, just chase. I'm sure the chippies could do w/o that!

Lynne said...

Cute "Chippie Watcher!"
Great Chippie Photo Missy . . .

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Stay out of the downspouts, little chippie!

Susie said...

Missy, Poor Mollie, she knows there something in the spout to chase. I have not seen any for some time now...the neighbor lady says they are at her house. :) Hope you have a great day there. The sun is out again here but it is way cooler. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

NanaDiana said...

Hi Missy! I have missed your posts! Gotta love those chipmunks! They are just plain amusing and great entertainment for your baby! Hope you are doing well- it is good to be back around visiting. xo Diana

Pepper Medley said...

Very cute CHippie!! Love their sweet stripes. Hope you catch one, Mollie!!

Tante Mali said...

Oh, what a wonderful good morning post! Love to see this.
Thank you for your lovely words and all my best
Elisabeth

Stewart M said...

More of a cat person than a dog - but even i can see the charm in Mollie!

Although I really like the chippie even more!

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Lynne said...

Chippie is gonna get "chipped" one of these days . . .
Snickers "thing" is a huge yellow cat, "Leo" who wanders the neighborhood.
Drives Snickers crazy.
I'm thinking . . . I wonder why that neighbor doesn't have to follow the leash law
like all us dog owners . . .