Friday, October 16, 2015

SQUIRRELS , ACORNS AND TREES




The squirrels have been very busy the past several weeks
"squirreling" away their nuts for the winter.






There are a lot of Oak trees in our neighborhood 
and they are making the best of it.






They can be a little treacherous to walk through.
One could sprain an ankle.
One resident here had an old Oak Tree cut down because he felt that the acorns were dangerous and they were denting his car.
I was a little upset about the loss of an old Oak.
He thought it was OK because he replaced it with a Dogwood.!!!




Summer oak colors...




Gorgeous fall color..



This Oak is across the street...
I can hear cars driving across the acorns.
The squirrels have pretty  much cleaned them up.





I sometimes bring some home and put them on the table
on my porch...drives Max and Mollie crazy!!




Enjoy your weekend.

Linking with Eileen
http://viewingnaturewitheileen.blogspot.com/

12 comments:

Lynne said...

I wonder why all the ACORNS . . .
I truly have never seen so many . . .
And they are "pop popping" on the roof like crazy . . .covering the lawn . . .
I think I am going to have to higher a mega vacuum picker upper company to come and vacuum the lawn.
Seriously . . . More acorn than lawn . . .
By the way . . . great photos . .
( thanks for letting me have an "acorn vent!")

Diane said...

I'll have a walnut vent! We've had A LOT this year. Finally about done though. Yea! Acorns are much cuter-- and less stinky!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Acorns denting a car? What was that car made of -- butter?

Tante Mali said...

What a sweet little crowd! That's fun!!! It's a Retriever, my sister's dog I'm taking care now and then.
Happy weekend
Elisabeth

eileeninmd said...

Hello Missy, cute images of the squirrels. They have a lot of acorns to stash away for winter. We have a lot of acorns here too, our driveway is covered. Have a happy weekend!

Susie said...

Missy, Where ever there's a nut tree...the squirrels will keep digging to bury them.:) Those look like healthy squirrels and acorns. Yes, I hate the loss of oak trees. I do understand not wanting to walk on those things though, they can make you twist your ankle. Hope you have a great weekend. It's been nice here today. 59 degrees but warm. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

eileeninmd said...

Hello Missy, just stopping by to say thank you for linking up and sharing your critter post. Have a happy weekend!

Kelly said...

I have a lot of acorns in my yard too. We have a few oak trees on our property and the squirrels are everywhere! It's fun to watch them.

Saimi said...

I love oak trees, We use the acorns in our sensory table at preschool. The kids like to take off the 'hats' and try to put them back on the nut. I suppose if one was to replace a tree with another, a dog wood is an excellent choice

Breathtaking said...

Hello Missy!:) A delightful autumn post. I know what you mean about the acorns, our drive and some of our fields are covered in acorns.

Stewart M said...

I love squirrels - although wedding get them here. My kids got very excited when we saw some in the UK.

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

David Gascoigne said...

Dogwoods are wonderful to be sure, but they will never replace an oak!