Wednesday, October 21, 2015

THE CORN FIELD ?



This year our "corn field" was turned in to a soy bean field.





I just threw this in because it was there.





You can see the whole way across the field 
which is not something one can do when it is planted in corn.

I think the deer miss the corn although they still have been spotted
among the soy beans...They aren't hidden as well.




It doesn't look as though these beans will be harvested.




If so... they'd better get to it.









There is an abundance of this fungi growing along the side of the field among the pine needles.













6 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello Missy, I always thought the farmers like to alternate the crops each year? The fungi shots are awesome. Poor deer, I hope they can hide. Have a happy day!

Diane said...

Neat pictures! Fungus is so interesting.

Lynne said...

Cool and great pictures Missy . . .
Someone better get to those soybeans . . . quick!

Susie said...

Missy, We must have been thinking similar today. I posted about the field across the road getting harvested and I could see father now. :):) I tell my husband I hate when it's time for corn in those fields...cause it's on both corners and across from us. I feel hemmed in then. I like being able to see two miles away....then I can see the train going down the tracks. It pretty here today but I think things are getting ready to change some. Hope you are having a good day there. Bless you, xoxo,Susie

NanaDiana said...

We have lots of corn around here and you seldom see any beans planted at all. That fungus is kind of yucky! We have some here -a bit- after all the rain we had early on.
Hope they get their crop harvested. xo Diana

Kelly said...

I don't know much about growing beans but I do know that is a huge field of them! You don't see that everyday.