Monday, October 19, 2015

TIME TO TURN THE HEAT ON


Last night we had our first freeze.
This was at 8 AM.



It's time to dig out the sweaters...





(It doesn't matter to Mollie that we lost).




The long pants....I didn't put my knee lengths away though.





and the mittens.





The ball field has been busy all weekend.






This was shortly after 8AM on Sunday.





Some of the cars had out of state license plates.
I guess it's a traveling softball league.






Mollie was busy checking the downspouts for "Chippies".




The squirrels were busy foraging for the last of the acorns.




The last of the frost.













The Dogwoods are beautiful just now.




I turned my heat on this AM 
but we are promised more 70's later this week.
Have a happy week.


8 comments:

Linda said...

It is pretty cold here in Montreal, Canada as well! It is definitely Autumn! Your photos are lovely! :)

Beverly Frankeny said...

27 degrees when I headed out this morning.....brrrrrr. The only part that minds it are my hands....it will take them a while to acclimate. Winter is coming!

Diane said...

Very nice pictures! We've had similar temps. Supposed to be near 70 for a couple days now. Sounds nice!

eileeninmd said...

Good morning, we have had our heat on for a while now. It was 28° this morning, very frosty. Love your cute Mollie. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Holy crap, those are SERIOUS mittens!

b.."E"..th said...

the winds are wild lately. so chilly, but I enjoy fall so much. I hadn't thought about eagle eyes, great mind you have! ( ;

Lynne said...

Heat on here too although we are now back into a bit of a "warming trend!"
I have my gloves handy each morning . . .
These are quite the mitts for you Missy!
Missy Mitts!

Pepper Medley said...

We have had two frosty mornings that required the fireplace be turned on. Hope this is not a sign of a VERY cold winter to come. Last winter was such a mess with all that snow coming at once. A little here and a little there is more to our liking. Love your mittens!