Friday, November 13, 2015

FREE FOR ALL

I was walking past my front door and heard lots of birdie noises
 and noticed a lot of flapping wings .













This went on for a good five minutes with a large variety of birds.
A pair of Cardinals....









There was a bit of arguing over positions in the spa.

 




A lone Finch..

 







There must have been eight Robins.
I suspect they will be here for the winter.

 







A fuzzy little Sparrow..
It's hard to get these guys to be still, not that I think for a minute, that I would have any control over them..


 





Now I need to go out and add more water to the bird bath.
A mothers work is never done!

Linking with Eileen at


#100 Saturdays Critters 



Saturday's Critters 



and
Stewart at Wild Bird Wednesday
http://paying-ready-attention-gallery.blogspot.com/
 

12 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Good morning, nice variety of yard birds. I always enjoy seeing the birds having fun with their baths..Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

Diane said...

It's neat to have a birddbath where you can see it. We enjoyed watching burds at ours this summer. And my dippy hound insists on drinking from it!

NanaDiana said...

Oh! I love it, Missy. I think it is so much fun that you can watch all that up close like that. I didn't realize that robins stayed in that area over the winter. xo Diana

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Clearly it was bath day!

Ela said...

I love to watch the birds in the bath. They look so sweet !!
You showed fantastic pictures and a beautiful video !
Greetings

Susie said...

Missy, I am glad you tend to the birds too. I miss our robins, they have gone for the winter. I miss seeing them hopping around and listening to their chirps and song. We are still having high winds...suppose to die down this evening...hope so. Blessings to you for a great weekend, xoxo,Susie

Lynne said...

Someone told "the kids on the block" it was time for a bath . . .
Nice watering hole you have there!
And a great view . . .

b.."E"..th said...

bird bath time is too fun. wonder why i thought your blog address had something about molly? oh well, thank you for telling me your link. have a lovely weekend. love the video. ( :

eileeninmd said...

Hello Missy, thanks do much for linking up your cute bird post! Have a happy day and week ahead!,

David Gascoigne said...

Great job. A bird bath is a sure magnet for a variety of species. They all need to keep their feathers in great condition.

Marie C said...

A day at the spa, indeed! Happy birds!

Indrani said...

Wow! Cool shots!
Hope they come visiting me too. :)