Monday, November 9, 2015

SO GLAD THAT I DON'T HAVE TO DO THIS


Colors are fading...




 Leaves are falling and somebody has to clean them up!!!

NOT I !!





Last Mon, Tues and Wednesday there was flurry of activity here.
Lot's of noise accompanied this chore as well.
 




Joe and Anns' front yard..(my sister).

 




Watching them just makes my back and shoulders ache.

 



 The leaves are blown into piles along the streets and then picked up by the vacuum in the last picture which requires a lot of raking.






When they were all done it looked like this.
 






By the next morning, it looked as if they hadn't been here.
There are still lots of leaves on the trees as you can see.


Construction update...
 To the left and the right of this picture you can see cinder block walls going up that will be part of the new Community Center.

 

A little cooler this week..Enjoy!


5 comments:

Diane said...

That is A LOT of leaves. The trees in my yard have dropped all of their leaves already, and there wasn't much to rake this year-- did they blow away??? Guess so! Fine with me!

Susie said...

Missy, It all makes for pretty pictures. Looks so good when it's all done...but like you said , that doesn't last some times. We were lucky that by the time we cleaned our yard up, most of the leaves had fallen. We are just getting a light rain this evening and more tomorrow...so that should take care of any leaves on our trees. Hope you are enjoying some fun times. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Anita Davis said...

I am with you 100%
I love all the colorful leaves but sure wouldn't want to have to clean up the fallen ones. Great shots!

eileeninmd said...

Wow, that is a lot of leaves. Hubby does the leaf collection here. Sometimes it is hardly worth it living next to a forest. The wind blows them right back to our yard. Have a happy day!

Karen L. Bates said...

I always wondered how the pros picked up those leaves...YES. I still think a giant vacuum would be best. Just mow it over the lawn..ha! Glad it's not me either, bad back always.