Monday, November 30, 2015

THANKSGIVING WEEKEND


My sister and her husband live down the street and we decided
to buck tradition and have meatloaf.
Traditional Thanksgiving dinner is a bit much for just three of us?
I already miss the leftovers...best part.
This is my partially set table.





The day after....
I headed to the farm for a little "tradition."
As always, Moonbeam was there to greet me.




As were Daphne and Chloe....
Lots of eyes on me.




Lots of noses as well..
Looking for a handout but there was none to be had.







As I passed by the sheep, I stopped to say "Hi".
As I had no Ritz crackers, there was very little interest.


 '


Ginger...."Hey, Got any Ritz??"





Up at the house everyone was congregated in the kitchen...
After all, that was the "happening" place.
Mac was getting lots of attention.




Here she is with Cousin Ryan.
Give her a thumb to suck on and she is happy.




This is a cap from one of the "Littles" that was found in the dry lot.
It is believed that it is several years old because of the age they would have had to have been when it was lost.




I seem to have forgotten about my camera because there are no pictures of the wonderful food and the beautiful table.


There are several pretty farms on the way home and I was going to try to take some pictures but....
The views are better going 
and there was too much traffic on the two lane road to stop safely.
Next trip I'll try to get some on my way there.



I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
I don't know about you, but I have a lot to be Thankful for.

Linking with Eileen at Saturdays Critters



16 comments:

Diane said...

Nice to see all the critters. Sometimes it's fun to do your own thing!

eileeninmd said...

Hello Missy, sounds like you had a happy Thanksgiving with your family. I love all the farm critters and photos. What a sweet little girl, adorable. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

Lynne said...

Loved all of these photos . . .
Dinner plates . . . YUM!
Last photo . . . happy you were driving safely . . .
You'll make that drive again and get more pics I am sure!
Happy week Missy . . .

NanaDiana said...

What a wonderful, wonderful day for you, Missy. Glad you had some traditional Thanksgiving, too. I think I would miss turkey and would have a hard time settling for meatloaf...lol...but I bet it was good!

Can't believe you forgot your Ritz! No wonder they ignored you. What a beautiful family and I am so THANKFUL that you introduced that blog to me a couple of years ago. xo Diana

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yes, be bold and start a new tradition -- the Thanksgiving Meatloaf! Hey, if it's good enough for Festivus, it's good enough for Thanksgiving.

Mildred said...

Your table is set beautifully. Meatloaf sounds good to me. One year, we had just moved and we had baked potatoes and chili for Thanksgiving! lol
Love the photos from the farm. Like you, I am thankful for so much. All we need to do is watch the news and realize how blessed we are.

Beverly Frankeny said...

Oooohhh... I love your pumpkin plates!! It was great to have you with us on Thanksgiving. What a wonderful day!!

cynthia lee designs said...

Sounds like you had a good Thanksgiving. Love those plates...so pretty!!
~Cindy

Kelly Deal said...

Hi Missy! It looks like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Pretty table, meatloaf, family and those beautiful animals! Sounds wonderful!

Donna said...

A great holiday is one you actually enjoy and it looks like you had a good day! Love all the big-eyed beggars...our chickens are the same way..."what do you have for me?"

Pepper Medley said...

Are you putting up your tree yet? Looks like you got a nice one this year!

Kelly said...

There's nothing wrong with forgoing the turkey on Thanksgiving! It's a lot of work to cook a turkey anyway. That last pic that you shared is so pretty. That looks like a nice area to visit.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Missy, this was a great critter post and wonderful photos. I love the black/white hog? And the donkey images are awesome. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy weekend!

Christine said...

A great menagerie of critters but I really like Ginger!

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful array of critters and great shots! Love that pig !

Your family shots are delightful ~ what a cute baby!

Wishing you a magical weekend,
artmusedog and carol

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Moonbeam is beautiful, nice shots of the family, too!
~