Monday, December 21, 2015

A NURSERY VISIT



We have two nurseries nearby and last week 
I took you to the smaller and more expensive of the two.
This one, larger of the two has 3 floors
 and a large outdoor area as well.






The other one does not sell artificial trees
 except maybe small tabletop ones.
These are very expensive but also very nice.





They have a nice selection of orchids..




Tons of Poinsettias..





and the other usual Christmas flora.
 



The lower level houses grills and high end porch furniture.
I think I may have misspoken about the other nursery 
being more expensive.
I guess that only hold true with their plants and shrubs.





This is the brick ramp leading up to the main level.




More porch furniture..




and clothing!!
Both "garden centers" have clothes now
 and it's pretty much the same style.







 The top level contains decorated trees , lights, balls
 and lots of decorating ideas.








Most of these trees were accompanied by more furniture
and baskets of the ornaments that were used to decorate the trees.
You could also buy the trees already decorated if you happened to have won the lottery that week.



When it's not the Christmas season,
this level is used for patio furniture and patio umbrellas.
There is a huge outdoor area that contains pots, water fountains and bird baths.
There is also a pond department that sells pond equipment
and all things necessary to construct a pond including the fish to put in it.. 
Spending time in a place like this will definitely
 put you in the Christmas spirit.



11 comments:

Lynne said...

My oh my oh my . . .
And what did you purchase . . .?

eileeninmd said...

Good morning, lovely images from the nursery. I love all the poinsettias. Happy Monday, enjoy your week!

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Beautiful! Gardening centres are the best place to find unique Christmas decorations and gifts, I think. It's surprising what you can find there!

Susie said...

Missy, I enjoyed all the pictures. It is always nice to see flowers blooming. Some of those trees are so decorated you can't see any tree. LOL. Wow. Hope you loving this pleasant winter so far. I know you can take Mollie for walks easier. Blessings for a great week and a very Merry Christmas. xoxo,Susie

Patricia said...

Wow. I wish we had something like that here. I don't think I've ever seen a purple poinsettia. Take care and Merry Christmas.

Diane said...

Me either-- the purplish poinsettia is definitely a new one on me. Such pretty displays. I can see how you would feel very Christmasy after walking around there. Thanks for the tour!

Mildred said...

That is a big place and one I would love to wander through. So much to see. Merry Christmas.

..."E"... Beth Edwards said...

love the orchids. i have never seen a purple poinsettia. that is amazing!! a new one to me. ( :

Jody in Georgia said...

Wow! loved wandering through this place with you and your camera! Definitely a unique shop! Thanks for sharing.

Kelly Deal said...

Wow! What a pretty place and I love those purple plants. Are they poinsettia's? I've never seen purple poinsettia's before. I could spend a lot of time in a place like that. Unfortunately the closest nursery by my closed and moved to a much further location. I miss wandering the lovely isles of that place. Merry Christmas Missy!

Kelly said...

That is a huge nursery! I don't normally see such a variety of things for sale in one place like that. There is one similar to yours about 20 min from me. I rarely go though. It's a feast for the eyes like yours.