Wednesday, December 2, 2015

BITS AND PIECES



This post will be composed of loose ends ...
sort of a "clean up" post.


This is the corn/soybean field adjacent to us 
that has just been harvested .
(actually we bought it this year) 

The yellow sign denotes the oil line that runs thru our property 
and through my back yard. 
We can't build or plant on either side of it within 15 feet....
No Florida room for me.





In the distance one can see the oil storage containers.
One was hit by lightning several years ago.




 Last week several trees whose roots 
may have infringed on that territory were removed.
It seems that there are lots of reasons around here
 to cut down trees.






Several days later trees that were infringing on the power lines were butchered..Why don't they just top them?? and what about the lower branches that are clearly hanging on wires...
"Not my wires"???




I made some Christmas paper.
I have to figure out how I'm going to use it.





There was a full moon..



   


            Construction update...under roof soon??

  




I hope your week is treating you right.
Happy December.





10 comments:

Lynne said...

Many benefits living within community/associations . . .
Sometimes some hurdles/negatives too . . .
Florida room would have been nice . . .
Clearing the space for more homes??
Happy December Missy . . .
What have you decided about your Christmas paper?

NanaDiana said...

We have a natural gas line running in the back of our property, too, with a 15' clearance on either side of it. Those are huge containers across the way from you...that must have been scary to think one was hit by lightening.
I HATE how they butcher the trees around here, too. I think they need a woman on the crew to make it aesthetically pleasing! xo Diana

eileeninmd said...

Hello Missy, I have seen many trees that are missing one side of their branches. The BGE crews do not care how the tree looks. Your paper is pretty and I love the moon shot.

Happy Wednesday, enjoy your day!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Your latest paper is lovely!

Diane said...

Yes, Happy December! Love the paper. Very pretty. The "utility tree guys" are just as sloppy here too.

Susie said...

Missy, I see a nice church steeple by the trees...that's pretty. I know what you are saying about the hows and whys of tree removal...it can be crazy. Looks busy around there. Your hand made papers are beautiful !! I love those. You make me want to try. :):) Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Mildred said...

That wrapping paper is just gorgeous.

I hate it when they cut down trees that could easily just be topped.

I hope you will have a restful night, Missy.

Stewart M said...

A lot of our street trees have been cut into strange shapes to allow power lines through and past them. I suppose it needs to be done, as clashes between the wires and the branches can cause fires, which is a huge problem in a dry place like Australia. But the tress dont look great!

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

..."E"... Beth Edwards said...

are those maple leaves in that paper? love the moon shot. so pretty. i see the moon and the moon sees me. my Grandma Mary would say that poem to me all the time. ( :

Patricia said...

I love seeing your homemade papers. They do the same thing to the trees that are too close to the power lines here as well. Makes it ugly that's for sure. Take care.