Wednesday, January 6, 2016

ALBINO SQUIRREL



 We have an Albino squirrel in the neighborhood.
I couldn't get a clear picture of him even though I took Twenty.





 It was almost dark and I didn't have my big girl camera with me.
He seems  underdeveloped and has a short body 
in relationship to his tail.






He definitely has no fear of Mollie...
A "normal" squirrel would have been gone long ago.

 


There is an "Albino Squirrel Preservation Society".
They are believed to bring good luck if seen
before an exam.
Albino squirrels have no pigment and have blue or pink eyes.
Not to be confused with
 White squirrels that have black eyes like the brown ones..


Linking with Eileen 

 Saturday's Critter's #108



10 comments:

Diane said...

Very interesting. Never saw one before.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Good luck, little fella.

Susie said...

Missy, I am amazed...I could see it's pink eyes. You did very well getting pictures of it. I would love to see one myself. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Lynne said...

First I have heard of one.
I wondered if a squirrel had mated with a possum . . .
Doubt that!

Ela said...

Beautiful white creature !!
Fantastic photos !!
Greetings

Beverly Frankeny said...

Wow....great pictures... I have never seen one before! He looks so tiny!!

..."E"... Beth Edwards said...

i have never seen ones of these. wild times. i have seen black squirrels which are usually up north. we see them every once in a while. we have seen some really dark brown ones. it is always fun to see a squirrel or other creatures you don't normally see often. way cool. ( : ( :

Kelly said...

Well I learned something new today! I've never seen or heard of an albino squirrel (until now). I love watching squirrels, but all we have are the regular grey ones. They blend in with the trees that they climb on. My dog's eyesight has gotten so bad that he rarely chases them now. I think they know it too, because they used to scatter whenever I let him out in the yard. Now, they just sort of stand still and watch him. Ha!

eileeninmd said...

Wpw,I have never seen an albino squirrel. It is pretty. Mollie might think it is a new critter. Great shots. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Sunday, enjoy your new week!

Marie C said...

It looks very young! Oh, I hope it makes it! Albino anything has such a hard time!