Wednesday, February 24, 2016

A FLASHBACK

 

In the past several years, we have had some long, 
cold and snowy stretches.
They tend to go a little nuts with the road salt here which can make
dog walking a challenge.


A few days ago, 
I was reminded of the attempt to put boots on Mollie.
These pictures and this expression are etched indelibly in my mind.
Poor Mollie, so forlorn.








After a good five minutes and a ton of coaxing she made it to the edge of the carpet.
So, I tried one boot...same thing. 
After all this trouble, 
I decided that they probably weren't going to stay on  anyway.





When all else fails "Google it!"
I found "Mushers Secret" that is used on sled dogs.






It has a waxy/creamy consistency and does a great job protecting paws from salt and freezing temps..
It does not track on my hardwood floors.
Mollie prefers it to Boots! 
Anybody need a set of boots?? 
Send me your address, they're yours.

Linking with Eileen
Saturdays Critters #115

 

7 comments:

Diane said...

My sister tried boots for the same reason years ago and gave up too. So did an aunt of mine way back in the 60s! I think Mollie's expression tells it all!!

Lynne said...

Snickers would prefer Mushers over Boots too . . .
(You wouldn't recognize her . . . she was finally well enough for an overdue trip to the groomers this padt Monday. The grommer phoned me mid into the appointment to inform me that they had to cut Snickers "really short!" . . . She hadn't been groomed since Thanksguving . . . even though I had bathed and primped her in between her surgery and sickness times. Her curls matted and clipping short was the answer, I think she is going through an identity crisis . . . I know I am!)

eileeninmd said...

Good morning, poor Mollie does not look happy with the boots on! I am glad you found out about the musher's secret.

Happy Wednesday, enjoy your day!

Susie said...

Missy, I am so glad you are reminding people of this. It is hard on pets' feet in so many nasty conditions. Mollie's sweet face says it all about those boots. LOL. Blessings, be safe. xoxo,Susie

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I like the product name "Musher's Secret"

Cranberry Morning said...

Yes, Mollie looks most unhappy with the boot project. Glad you found Mushers Secret. What would we do without Google!?

eileeninmd said...

Hello Missy, Mollie is just adorable. Thanks so much for sharing this post and info.Happy Sunday, enjoy your new week ahead!