Monday, February 29, 2016

TIRED OF WINTER ?



I have to say, that I'm really not.





If I'm tired of anything, it's the gloomy days that we've had of late
and wet paws and dirty clothing.
I really like the cold, fresh, bug free air and I think the sun 
is much more enjoyable in the winter time.






Yesterday I did a "Mollie wash" that included a down raincoat
that I wear over my jammies for our late night walks.






This is a picture from Mollies first winter..a favorite !
She still wears that coat which is waterproof has a felt liner.






The Robins are no longer harbingers of Spring.
They are here most of the winter, it seems.




Soon we will be seeing Crocuses...






and Daffodils...
With this crazy winter, they have been pushing up since January.





Until then, we can just lie around and soak up the sun.





Have a wonderful week..


10 comments:

Anu said...

You have a lovely dog!

eileeninmd said...

Good morning, I am ready for spring. I love your cute Mollie, the daffies and crocuses are beautiful. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

NanaDiana said...

Hi Missy! Just trying to get a few 'catch up' visits in! I will send YOU any winter we have left. I am ready for Spring!!!! Hope you had a great month! xo Diana

Lynne said...

Great pictures Missy . . .
Mollie is so cute . . . love the red "slicker!"
I like winter sun much more too . . .
No bugs . . .not steamy!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

We've had such a mild winter there's no point in being sick of it. Our snow is all gone and the temperature is hardly ever below zero.

"E." "Beth" Edwards said...

i love the spring flowers. i am ready for spring moments. to open the doors and just get a nice breeze. i tried yesterday, to get rid of my sickness (by opening the doors to get some rest air, but the darn heat came on, so i had to shut them again asap, but i got a few breezes.) ... sad i got a cold when hang out with my mom for 3 days visiting friends & a lady who did turn 90 yrs old.

have a nice week. stay warm. ( :

Diane said...

Our winter has not been bad to date so I really can't complain. However-- to go outside w/o a coat and feel a warm breeze does sound very nice. Love M's coats!

Stewart M said...

We had a warm first day of Autumn here today - hope to get to see some snow this winter.

And yes, I did mean through a leaf - clearly I have too much of a fondness for tea!

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Jody in Georgia said...

We didn't have a "real" winter here...not a snowflake, and I miss that. Spring has been sidling in with flowering trees bursting into bloom, lots of sunshine (after lots and lots of rain). Unfortunately, pollen counts are already high and headed higher to both my big black cat and I am back on our allergy meds! But, springtime in Georgia is beautiful and I don't miss pulling on a jacket when I go out!

Kelly Deal said...

Hi Missy! I love the doggies! So cute! I'm sooooo tired of winter. I want to clean the yard, make my planting plans, sick of boots and coats and yes, dirty paws! Your blooms are beautiful Missy. It's nice to see color!