Wednesday, March 9, 2016

BIRTHDAYS AT THE FARM..GETTING THERE



This past weekend I headed up to Bee Haven Acres.
The scenery is very pretty even though it is a grey, wintry day. 




My reason for going was a birthday party.
There are five March  birthdays in our family.




Once off the highway, which runs along a river, 
the countryside is dotted with lovely old farm houses.



These pictures were taken on the fly while I was driving so they aren't the best, but you get the idea.




Dairy farm...




There are two entrances to Bee Haven Acres.
I always take this one so I can visit the garden and the animals.




Soon this garden will be a beehive of activity getting ready
for spring plantings of strawberries
and many varieties of veggies .
It's fun watching it come to life.





The only "greeters" were the sheep soaking up some sun.




The pavilion is also awaiting the seasons activity.




To be continued on Friday......

6 comments:

Diane said...

So pretty and peaceful looking!

eileeninmd said...

Hello Missy, great drive by shots. I love the farm animals. What a great place for the birthday parties! Enjoy your day and the week ahead!

Susie said...

Missy, that is beautiful country where you live. I love the big farms and their barns. Glad you had a fun get away. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Stewart M said...

I have to say I have a bit of a soft spot for the functional architecture of farm buildings.

Nice post.

cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Lynne said...

Nice drive . . .views . . .
Happy Birthday!

Kelly Deal said...

Hi Missy! I agree with Susie, you have some gorgeous scenery to look at! I'm going to come live by you! Anyway, is it your birthday? If it is, Happy Birthday! Have a wonderful weekend!